S/PDIF : coaxial to optical - clocking question

• Hello all,

Can anyone shed some light on this one :

For audio interfaces which only have optical spdif (RME Babyface among others), I understand that a coaxial/optical converter would be needed in order use the Kemper's spdif IO.

But does the use of such a device impact on the clocking? I mean since the Kemper has to be the master clock, would the Babyface still "slave" ok, even though using such a converter device?

All the best,

- ben

• From what i know those converters only transform light into voltage and vice versa. So the binary data should stay the same which means there is no change at all.

I would really appreciate it if mr. Kemper could confirm that using one of these converters is not going to "degrade" the KPA experience in any way ;)

• I would really appreciate it if mr. Kemper could confirm that using one of these converters is not going to "degrade" the KPA experience in any way ;)

Is not an audio converter, is a converter from optical to electrical DIGITAL signal, still "1" and "0". It cannot change anything unless is not working...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff