Stability/Reliability

• Don't sweat it CK. Not everyone will stay here, but there's no denying the quality of the sound, and word is getting out. You've created an outstanding, game-changing piece of gear. Many thanks! :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Originally Posted by FractalAudio
    If you are interested I can match any of your KPA presets. Send them to me or tell me which ones you use and I'll match them.

... and we did not even get the 3 seconds ant-artefact-switch :rolleyes:

Each one has different needs - I use the KPA only at home - still use my Koch Tube amp live.
    For recording there is nothing better than the KPA - it's so easy to use/tweak.

And btw. I don't had ANY problems with the KPA since a long time - the current firmware works stable for me.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Well, Daniel is a good guy and I don't know what happened to let him change his mind, while i'm pretty sure he really had some issues, considering that he always tries to experiment with midi stuff.
    Opinions are like balls: everybody has his own. But this kind of balls, sometimes, change :D

• It's all about making music, Daniel did contributed a lot in this forum and in the Beta tester team, maybe he'll keep both and we will not loose him.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Swapping the system is not an issue for me.

But Daniel is a beta tester. It might demonstrate a bad character when Daniel reports possible bugs on a competitive forum, while nothing was reported here, or even in the circle of beta testers.

Here are some posts of Daniel from last week (german language) praising the stability of digital amps:

http://www.musiker-board.de/us…lifier-userthread-57.html

Seems not very likely that he had a major malfunction on stage about a month ago. Very disappointing.

• What he told me is that he had a big issue onstage one month ago, ando nobody could figure it out.
    If i can give you my two cents, you'd better send him a PM instead of making a thread, since it can go personal, and that's what I really don't like.
    It's only my opinion.

• What he told me is that he had a big issue onstage one month ago, ando nobody could figure it out.
    If i can give you my two cents, you'd better send him a PM instead of making a thread, since it can go personal, and that's what I really don't like.
    It's only my opinion.

+1 :!:

• Stay Classy. ;)

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Stability issues on stage is something that we take very seriously. We haven't had a negative report since a long time. It is my duty to trace bugs. If a bug is reported in public, I will of course react in the public, so everybody can read the story to the end. We have no confirmation from Daniel yet, so I'm afraid the story is a hoax.

Funny detail for the records:
    Don Petersen has found that thread on the Axe forum a few days ago and has put a post on it (he is an Axe user as well). It was erased in minutes and replaced by Cliffs offer to tonematch Profiles. Are TGP and Axe the only forums, where threads and posts get erased without giving a reason. I haven't seen such a childish behaviour in 15 years of forum work.

• I must pipe up and say that I have had some issues with effects not turning on with one click (using my ground control pro using instant access switches.) This was back in September. I wouldn't call it unstable but perhaps glitchy at the time tried it. In fairness, I haven't tried using it live lately with current firmware but it was current when I tried using it at a gig 2 months ago. Not to sling mud or anything but the GCP does not have this issue with my 1st gen axe fx so I do not believe that the controller is the issue. I have shyed away from using the KPA live ever since which is a shame because it sounds fantastic.

• Stability issues on stage is something that we take very seriously. We haven't had a negative report since a long time. It is my duty to trace bugs. If a bug is reported in public, I will of course react in the public, so everybody can read the story to the end. We have no confirmation from Daniel yet, so I'm afraid the story is a hoax.

I understand you are upset, there's nothing wrong in being so after that.
    What i mean is that this kind of threads, IMHO, aren't the best option, and might have a boomerang effect.
    You have tons of good reasons to be upset, but people don't know them, and it's easy to have a wrong perception of your intentions.
    And that's what "other" people are looking for.

• I wonder about this discussion.
    Why complaining about those guys ?
    Give them a free "K" for "testing" - they'll write positive things about "K". Give them a free "a" they'll do the same with "a". Give them a free "x" ...
    Bad and critical things are only reported to the company.
    It's just a part of marketing, that EVERY company does today.
    These guys are internet promoter and opinion maker. Which company offers the best benefits - they'll support. And that can change quickly! :D
    That's Business.
    I wonder how many users in forums like this are on the companys payroll or have other benefits.
    Sure, these guys can be helpful for troubleshooting e.g.
    But they should be marked in that forums, so every reader can see which role they are playing and how "valueable" their "opinions" are.
    Besides of that - I like the KPA - and I paid for it!
    And I search the forum for valueable information.