M-Audio BX8 D2 Studio Monitors, Anyone Using These With The KPA?

• If you are, or have tried them with the KPA, what do you think? What are the Pro's and Con's? Are more expensive monitors really going to yield much better results? I'm playing strictly at home for my own pleasure. I'm not recording.

• I remember trying a couple of those along with two Genelec 8030 in a Roman famous store. At one stage, the guy at the store smiled at me and said "now I'll show you a trick..." and cut bass away from the Genelec. The two pairs sounded identical LOL

• I am using a pair of BX8. They sound good if placed well in a room but you need to keep them away from the wall. I find the rear ports to be pretty sensitive to speaker placement.

• I bought the BX8 D2's from Guitar Center on sale for $299. They actually sound pretty good. I read reviews that said the newer D2's are a big improvement over the older models that had a flabby bass. I really didn't have much time with the BX8's before leaving for Florida for the winter. I ordered a pair of Equator D5's for Florida because of limited space. The Equator D5's are highly rated by many recording publications and are only sold directly by Equator for $299 Per Pair.

• I'm also looking for a good replacement for my m audio.

Direct sell from equator is 299$=231€. Thomann sells them for 450€ :(

Did anyone in europe buy these? If so, what where the additional costs? Customs? Import costs?