Delete commercial profiles when selling KPA?

• I am about to put by Kemper up for sale. I have got quite a few commercial profiles from Andy and Armin on it. Should I delete those when I transfer it to the purchaser?

Vintage amp obsessive

• Because of this on Andy's website, and similar on Armin's.

You are paying for the rights of using these profiles for yourself only,
    you are strictly forbidden from sharing them or making them available
    online for free or for resale.

Before I sell my KPA, I'd like to get clarification as to what the position is with profiles when I sell the unit.

Vintage amp obsessive

• it should be for that Kemper unit only , not for the "person only " .
    if I borrow my Kemper to someone , should I delete commercial profiles because they are for me only ???? :P

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• as long as there's only 'one copy' of the profiles (or one kemper, for that matter), i don't see an issue with transferring them.

i don't see how you're infringing copyrights by giving/selling what you purchased to somebody else if you're not keeping a copy.

• as long as there's only 'one copy' of the profiles (or one kemper, for that matter), i don't see an issue with transferring them.

i don't see how you're infringing copyrights by giving/selling what you purchased to somebody else if you're not keeping a copy.

Yup this is exactly it.

• I agree with Kojak - the way it *ought* to work is that so long as you don't keep a copy of your purchased profiles, so that your possession of them is extinguished at the same time as the Kemper is sold, you should be able to transfer the purchased profiles to the new owner.

However, And44 and Armin should be consulted on this. And44's terms and conditions on the Amp Factory site are not crystal clear on this point. They rightfully prohibit "sharing" and making them available to others online, i.e. keeping your copy while duplicating it for others' use. But they're not clear on transferability, and they should be.

Edit: Looks like And44 was answering at the same time I wrote the above.

Edited once, last by IanHay ().

• In case you sell your KPA please delete all our profiles.

If you plan to get another KPA in the future you can use the profiles again.

If you plan not to use a KPA again - we can transfer the license to the new owner of your KPA.
    (He/she will get a new personal set of profiles from us).
    In this case would you need to buy a new license when ever you get a new KPA.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited 3 times, last by Armin ().

• In case you sell your KPA please delete all our profiles.

If you plan to get another KPA in the future you can use the profiles again.

If you plan not to use a KPA again - we can transfer the license to the new owner of your KPA.
    (He/she will get a new personal set of profiles from us).
    In this case would you need to buy a new license when ever you get a new KPA.

Although this might seem rigid, I think that this would be the only way to control the "rights" for the profiles. When profiles are saved into new rigs and renamed, a new owner (even if he/she were predisposed to protecting Armin's work) could easily become confused as to what was "public domain". (And, yes, I understand that the author's name is in the profile - which should be a "clue" - but new users may not notice that subtlety.)