cab profiling feature

• As Armin wrote, no magic is possible: one signal, one chain, two or more components... impossible to tell one from the other w\o using any "foreseeing model".

Since using a flat amp doesn't return the wanted results for profiling cabs only, and since Till's cabs sound good as per most users, and are also versatile with other amps, this means that (there's a kind of rig (amps, settings, mic) which works best for getting a cab which is great-sounding, usable and versatile when used with other rigs.

In other words, we have to find the best approach to get the best cabs, and this depends on the above-mentioned foreseeing model. Maybe we'll find out that a Fender De Luxe returns the best ones, or something different.
    I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone comes across the optimal alchemy.

• As Armin wrote, no magic is possible: one signal, one chain, two or more components... impossible to tell one from the other w\o using any "foreseeing model".
    I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone comes across the optimal alchemy.

I agree with all of you, Armin and the others about this discussion. I want to add that the one signal / single chain that the KPA is actually capable to replicate so well, it's at the end what we really need. If the KPA has to model and profile separately the preamp, the Tone stack and the Cab we could have always good result but combining then all together we cannot have exactly the match with the end-to-end signal chain. This step by step modeling is what the other machines already are doing, we don't want another of that. The real innovation in the KPA is that he "think" different, instead of replicate the single component we are sure that the complete chain is replicated perfectly.

The cons are that the single component of the sound are not perfectly replicated and are different from the real ones, not separable completely from the one signal chain.

So, fantastic and unique invention the KPA, but no magician here, or we take a way (the entire chain as a unique sound) or another (modelling each single part with no guarantee on the final result)... We choose the first one, and we "never" go back, first of all for the quality of the reproduction, second for the facility of use and tweaking. But please CK, give us ASAP new features, effects and function !!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• I wholly agree ^^

A cab which works well with other amps, even not reproducing the exact match as in the hardware world would be more than enough for me.

My post was meant to address the problem of cabs that don't sound right at all with some amps. I believe that there's a way to create more "universal" cabs, and I'm sure that by searching and trying (as long as we don't learn more about the machine's algorithms) good outcomes will pop up :)

• This step by step modeling is what the other machines already are doing, we don't want another of that. The real innovation in the KPA is that he "think" different, instead of replicate the single component we are sure that the complete chain is replicated perfectly.

I don't think you can compare the KPA to other devices. Even if the KPA allowed you to capture the amp and cab separately the results could still be the same you have now and other devices simply cannot achieve this. Wouldn't you like to be able to profile a pedal separately for example and not just as a part of the chain? For me it is all about flexibility and make somethings easier to achieve.

If you asked me what do you prefer, capture everything in one block or being able to capture the elements separately? I would say both and I would choose how to do it depending on what I need at that moment. I like how the KPA works now but I don't see any problems with adding more features to make the device even more flexible. As long as the results are as good as now, what's the problem?

• If you asked me what do you prefer, capture everything in one block or being able to capture the elements separately? I would say both and I would choose how to do it depending on what I need at that moment. I like how the KPA works now but I don't see any problems with adding more features to make the device even more flexible. As long as the results are as good as now, what's the problem?

Yes, sure, if it could be possible ... I dream of such kind of "single point" profiling :rolleyes:
    It only seems to me to difficult and too good to be true for the state of the art now, that's it !

• I don't think you can compare the KPA to other devices. Even if the KPA allowed you to capture the amp and cab separately the results could still be the same you have now and other devices simply cannot achieve this. Wouldn't you like to be able to profile a pedal separately for example and not just as a part of the chain? For me it is all about flexibility and make somethings easier to achieve.

If you asked me what do you prefer, capture everything in one block or being able to capture the elements separately? I would say both and I would choose how to do it depending on what I need at that moment. I like how the KPA works now but I don't see any problems with adding more features to make the device even more flexible. As long as the results are as good as now, what's the problem?

Honestly, there's a product on the market that meets your needs already. :whistling: I'm with Maurizio70 on this. I love the unique approach of the Kemper. I get where it doesn't meet some folks needs, honestly I don't think any product can satisfy everyone 100%. But to me it all starts with the "correct" profile. If its done "right" there's no need to swap out cabs. If anything, I'd prefer dirtbox modeling or convolution based reverb. Those are areas which could really blow the lid of modeling placing the Kemper in an almost untouchable realm...

• Honestly, there's a product on the market that meets your needs already. :whistling: I'm with Maurizio70 on this. I love the unique approach of the Kemper. I get where it doesn't meet some folks needs, honestly I don't think any product can satisfy everyone 100%. But to me it all starts with the "correct" profile. If its done "right" there's no need to swap out cabs. If anything, I'd prefer dirtbox modeling or convolution based reverb. Those are areas which could really blow the lid of modeling placing the Kemper in an almost untouchable realm...

If you are referring to other products, you are wrong. The only product that has somehow meet my needs is the KPA because it is the only one that does what it promises. On the other hand that does not mean I would not like to have more features on it.

Btw, I don't know if you realized but this is the feature requests subforum. I guess it exist for some reason. :D

To me what makes the KPA unique is that besides being the most realistic "modeler", anybody that owns it can do what before needed to be done by the products developers. With other products you need the developers to profile/model the amps and include them in the unit. I am pretty sure this is just the 1st step for this sort of technology and this is why you can only capture the whole thing in one shot. I don't believe I am wrong by expecting new features that will provide the capability to profile the elements separately as well. Whether this is provided in the KPA, a later product from Kemper or another company's product is still to see but I am confident that this will happen sooner or later.

• MadH,

I absolutely agree. The KPA is a great unit. However, if you want to improve the convent you would need to be able to profile the sections separately with the cab being one of these sections.
    Personally, I do Preamp profiles all the time to use the KPA with a power amp and a 4x12" cab.
    It works fine a lot of times. In other situations (often Clean sounds) it won't work. But the "cab" that isn't there is always created in that scenario. And it does something soundwise.

Why not expand the Profiling section in a future version and select what we do:
    Mic'ed Amp, Preamp, Poweramp, Cab only

• Mhhh... while lots of usable sounds may certainly come from this approach, I hardly see it as a "neat" solution. You would always end up with a "cab" which sounds like "a pre + a poweramp + a cab + a mic", or a poweramp sounding like "a pre + a poweramp + a cab + a mic", or whatever combination (DI, etc) you use. It would not, basically, really "accomplish the task" or - if you want - "keep the promise".

• Well, to each his own, but I personally wouldn't have much use for this. The KPA does what I need, which is to give me a complete amp profile. I already have more sounds available than I have time to deal with ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I hardly see it as a "neat" solution. You would always end up with a "cab" which sounds like "a pre + a poweramp + a cab + a mic", or a poweramp sounding like "a pre + a poweramp + a cab + a mic", or whatever combination (DI, etc) you use.

Of course, you would always be rwady to profile the whole signal chain. It is just that different users have different needs.

• Sure. I can hardly see Kemper officially implementing functions that would be incorrect in their premises tho.
    My point is that, as an electronics-related firm, you can't claim, advertise and sell things that have no rational grounds, so to speak.