authentic amp feature

• Hi , to be 100% authentic, the kemper epicly fails vs real tube amps :

it lacks :

noise
    hum
    buzz
    hiss

Let's add a stomp/effect section dedicated to this purpose , with an added analog vinyl/tape effects ( flange, cracks ...)

This is really serious and I'm only half kidding ;)

• You know what

if someone could profile their record player somehow , hiss and all... scratches etc etc..... Ide be very interested in how it really sounds... if it sounds as good as a tube am which I suspect it could, we'de have some great backing noise to add to our mixes....

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• I dont know about all that...
    A little hum can add a small bit of realism as in the line6 stuff.
    BUT the rest is like asking for E.coli in my milk or having to cut the hair off my cheese, just like in the old days:-)
    No thanks!

• I'm all for more Lo-Fi effects. Actually I wouldn't mind having the looped noise that gets played during the profiling session as an effect in the final amp.

A lot of stuff though can be done in DAW when recording, and probably done better, but there is still some room for improvement when it comes to capturing that in the rom sound and air, I think it's maybe an area where the reverb could be improved (and I still contend that a nice profiled room verb/convolution verb option would be an awesome addition and take the KPA to the next level in realism when it comes to recording).

• This is really serious and I'm only half kidding ;)

I once talked to an audo engineer who was doing sounddesign for really high end contemporary music events and he told me that he sometimes adds white noise via convolution plugins to the signal of the violin section in the orchestra in order to make them a bit more "grainy" in the mix.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Let's add the motorboating sound of an old valve amp with worn out capacitors. Or a microphonic tube simulator.

Vintage amp obsessive