Kemper don't start anymore (only with the FW loading via USB)

• My KPA from 2 days decide to give me the first real problem (besides the LED lights, that are now more than 10 not working...).

The problem is that when I start the KPA, it normally goes loadind the Firmware with the classic filling bar moving, then, when the bar finish to load the FW, in the exact moment when normally the KPA shows you your latest Rig you had play, it hang on the green screen "KEMPER PROFILING AMPLIFIER" and nothing more happen.

This fault happen more or less 50% of the times and the unique mode to start the machine is loadind the FW from USB. Fortunately I have this workaround and I have the backup that safe me from any other inconvenient, but this is a real problem for which I will contact the support tomorrow.

Anyone having the same problem or similar?

I thought also to try a strong reset of the Flash Memory since I have the latest backup to reintroduce... any advice?

Thanks a lot
    Maurizio

• Also happened to me a couple days back ...

Do want to give my thx to Soundside.de and this recovery guide! ( Link ) It was a huge help :thumbup:

Reïnstalling the firmware did the trick for me. Haven't had it since ...

• So far we have not been able to replicate this issue and the information, how this hang can be overcome, isn't consistent. In order to narrow in on the root cause, it would be extremely helpful to understand:

- When the unit seemed to hang, how long did you wait?

- Does booting the firmware from USB-stick always fix the issue at least for the moment?

- Does no reset (SYSTEM = Global Settings, RIG = Rig Buffer, QUICK = Midi Program Change assignments) fix the issue at least for the moment?

- Is it possible to overcome the hang by just trying and restarting a few times without any reset or booting from USB-stick.

:?:

• Many answers to many question:

- I have 65 rigs
    - the problem comes For only 1 Time in the last couple of months
    - i've tried to start 5 Times without sucess, i've been waiting 20 minutes between them
    - i've tried all starting procedures from Armins hp without sucess
    - only a the Firmware Installation works

• When I had it:

I turned of the Kemper ... turned it back on ... didn't load after 5 minutes. So I turned the Kemper back off and waited for 30 min ... turned it back on and still didn't load (I gave it 10 minutes at least to load the rigs)

Then I tried to do all the resets (System, Rig, Quick) ... none of them had any effect. (to be honest I was a bit worrysome at this point and waited at the most a couple of minutes at each green screen)

Then I tried booting the firmware from the USB and that did the trick ... all my rigs would boot like normal and have since ... I play my Kemper every day and haven't had the problem again.

As for number of rigs: I have 275 rigs, 25 cabinets and 3 snapshots on my Kemper.

• I formatted the usb stick and did the booting with firmware again and it took the firmware. And it started.

I try restarting to make sure that it still works like normal. And when i pulled the chicken knob to off, the whole lcd screen started flashing red.
    But it started. And so far so good.

• I don't have the booting issue, but I had the flashing red screen after power down today as well. I waited a minute or so and then pulled the power cable. I didn't want to restart it in that state.

• I had this issue and was only able to resolve it by deleting some of my most recent uploaded profiles. I read somewhere that it could be a corrupted profile. I "think" thats what it was for me. I'm not sure but I think it was some trainwreck clone profiles which was sad because I liked them. If you have those, you might try and remove them.

• Did not have any of these issues with 1.5.2. I still got the red flashing screen when stopping.
    I even made a video about it. After the red screen flash i started up again, then stopped and its gone now (again)

• Once I discovered this problem of booting failure, first of all I tried in order 1. reset global settings 2. reset rig buffer 3. reset Midi program Chnage with no success. I tried them also a couple ot times each. The loading of the FW goes well until 99% with the filling bar, than it stops exactly at the end when it has to load the rig.

So, I switch to the USB booting and it works immediately fine.
    The fault happened in the 1.5.2 version, then I updated from USB directly to 1.5.3 and the problem occurs other 4-5 times.

I did'nt manypulate any rig file names on my PC, even if I have a lot of them dowloaded from the Forum. Consider that in the last weeks I didn't import new rigs and when the fault happen I have nothing particoular to highlight.

Hope they will be useful info...

• I just had mine lockup.. The only thing that would fix it was initializing the memory. I recorded a video for each of the steps I took. I will post on YouTube for you to view later.