Problems with 1.5.4 and 1.5.3 firmware

• Hi,
    i have trouble with the 1.5.3 beta and also with the 1.5.4 release firmware.
    I have about 600 rigs. The update goes fine, without any problems. After reboot all is okay and all looks fine.
    But if i restart my kpa the next day the volume is very low and there is much reverb. the sound is terrible. i have checked all settings und all is okay.
    if i pull out the headphone plug a little bit, the sound will be loud as normal. the main outs are also at very low volume and an ugly reverb sound, as you stay 500 meter in front of an concert hall.
    if i go back to 1.5.2 all is okay, no problems.
    is there a bug?
    Please help!
    Ralf

• Try to download again the FW and re-install it. Is not a bug because nobody else have it

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Try to download again the FW and re-install it. Is not a bug because nobody else have it

Thanks for the help. I have downloaded the 1.5.3 and the 1.5.4 twice. The result is the same.
    i have changed the memory stick a.s.o.
    After the update all is okay, the first boot after the update is also okay and the sound is perfect.
    I have also installed both updates several times. the result is allways the same.
    the problem comes on the next day and only with these both updates.
    No problem with 1.5.2 . If i pull out the headphone plug a little bit the volume become loud as normal.
    It seem there is any trouble with the output routing?

• Try a different set of headphones. This actually happened to me with my phone and an 1/8" plug. The plug was going bad and every few days when I plugged in my phone to my car stereo it sounded like all I was getting was reverb. As if the majority of the signal was canceled. I got a new cable and everything's been fine since.

• it sounded like all I was getting was reverb. As if the majority

Hi Will_Chen,
    i have also tried another headphone. The headphone is okay. The Problem is also on the main outs.

There is no Problem with the 1.5.2. the only thing that changes is the firmware. So it could only be a problem with my KPA hardware or with the firmware. if i´m alone with the problem, i think it must be a hardware bug.
    Thanks for the help.

• hi,
    i am also experiencing this problem, also with mine, after shutdown, the led screen glows red even if i unplug the power supply it stays red for ages .
    i am awaiting a reply from kemper support.. will let you know how i get on
    johnny

Brian Thesnail

• i am also experiencing this problem, also with mine, after shutdown, the led screen glows red even if i unplug the power supply it stays red for ages .

I had the same issue and it was solved quickly with the support of the great community here. Just boot and re-install firmware from a fresh / blank USB device. (further info to be found here and the great description can be found here ).

• I had the same issue and it was solved quickly with the support of the great community here. Just boot and re-install firmware from a fresh / blank USB device. (further info to be found here and the great description can be found here ).

I have done it yesterday and till now, its okay. Thank you very much!

• No problem with 1.5.2 . If i pull out the headphone plug a little bit the volume become loud as normal.
    It seem there is any trouble with the output routing?

It seems an hardware issue to me.
    It looks like the signals from the left side and the right side and phase cancelling, this might be related to a loosening in the headphone stereo female output.
    When you pull out the headphone your plug gets the right signal from the hardware, the phase cancelling goes away and the sound is back.

Do you get the same when you connect the main out to a mixer?

• It seems an hardware issue to me.
    It looks like the signals from the left side and the right side and phase cancelling, this might be related to a loosening in the headphone stereo female output.
    When you pull out the headphone your plug gets the right signal from the hardware, the phase cancelling goes away and the sound is back.

Do you get the same when you connect the main out to a mixer?

Yes, main out to mixer was the same. But now it is fixed. Thanks.

• You seem to have a "karaoke" effect.
    If your headphone jack is not fully plugged in or damaged, you get a reversed sum of both stereo sides, cancelling out the mid signal (the amp) and emphasizing the OutOfPhase signals (the reverb). Plug adapters can force this behaviour.
    Please check with another headphone, to be sure.

• You seem to have a "karaoke" effect.
    If your headphone jack is not fully plugged in or damaged, you get a reversed sum of both stereo sides, cancelling out the mid signal (the amp) and emphasizing the OutOfPhase signals (the reverb). Plug adapters can force this behaviour.
    Please check with another headphone, to be sure.

You are right. The headphone cable extension was not 100% i.o. . i changed it and all was fine.
    Thanks for support!