[Solved:] Did I break my Kemper?? Please help!!!

• I assume, that my Kemper is suddenly broken/malfunctioning. Just from one day to other it is not working properly, without changing anything.

1/ Symptoms:
    - Display is flickering in red when shutting off the Kemper. This is lasting for quite a while. Even if I deplug the power cord it is still flickering for about 10-15 sec.
    - The sound is awful from one day to the other. Sounds like out-of-phase, distorted, with echo, just very bad.
    - Any reset and firmware update didn't help.
    - No changes, when using the Kemper stand alone with only guitar and headphones plugged in.

2/ Setup:
    - Kemper (black)
    - KPA -> main outs (l/r) -> focusrite saffire pro 10 -> MacBook Pro via firewire -> Logic Pro 8
    - Firmware: was 1.5.2.7, updated to 1.5.4 now.
    - The setup worked fine for months, without any problems

3/ What I have done so far:
    - Reset the Kemper as discribed in the wiKPA (tried about 5 times now)
    - Deplug everything and replug only the Kemper
    - Updated to newest firmware (1.5.4)

4/ Really, you haven't changed anything?
    - Well, the only thing I did, is plugging in a FV500H expression pedal to "Pedal 1" with a balanced cable. But I did this already the day before, and there everything worked fine.

Any advice / hint is very much appreciated. I think I won't survive christmas break without my Kemper. ;( Please help!

Cheers,
    Knut

• Just in case you do not know what the "trick" is.

First you format a usb stick (fat32) and put the kaos.bin in the root of the usb stick.
    Then turn the chicken knob to tuner while holding the <> buttons.

The system will say something like updating, restarting (not sure the exact words). And afterwards, restart like normal.

That worked with me. I had the red flashing led once after, but then never again.

• Problem solved!

Direct firmware re-install with booting from USB device solved the issues immediately.
    Thanks to dvp and thank you to Armin for the information (http://www.soundside.de/support/KPARecovery.htm).
    And even the wiKPA does have this documented very well in all details on page 16.

So, if your Kempers sounds "different" or the display is flickering in red when shutting off, just re-install the firmware.
    And now worries, in my case all profiles where still there after the installation.

This is a great community here! :thumbup: