Why not Artists pack bundles?

• It could be really great if armin or Andy could produce some Hendrix bundle, Pink Floyd bundle, Eric Johnson bundle etc. They could invite some of the hotter guitarists known to perfectly nail the tone of a specific artist then work with them from already profiled amps or new ones to produce a bundle including a variety of songs tones!

What do you think? For my part I would buy a serious bunch of those packs! 8o :thumbup:

Pierre

• Taken from facebook:

Looks like I'll be doing an official profile pack for Kemper Amps that will include my fav tones and presets. Fun times! - Keith Merrow

Awesome, looks like there will be 2 awesome packs then - Ola Englund

These guys aren't the same style as the guitarists you mentioned but it will still be a great addition.

• The only problem with artist packs is they can be so dificult.. i.e

Artist presets are very much "gear orientated" - so it would take some time to tailer make a sound to sound like i.e Gilmore.. that works with my strat, and my setup, speakers, room etc. - then when you have it, it may sound completely different, well in fact it will when you play with your setup, guitar, speakers, room etc.

This is why such things dont exist really, - you can get in the ballpark, but never close between a shared sound.

Thats my take on it. YMMV

• I understand, but you could provide accurate time based effects with an amp and cab that would put the user very near the goal. You could sell those packs saying that it's like if you plug your own guitar in the artist rig then tweak to your taste!

Pierre

• Artist packs are a great idea but they only make sense if they are made by the artists themselves or with the supervision of the artists. If they are made by someone else you will probably never get what you are expecting. I hope Kemper tries to reach more artists to create packs for the KPA. That would be really attractive for a lot of customers.

• Artist packs are a great idea but they only make sense if they are made by the artists themselves or with the supervision of the artists. If they are made by someone else you will probably never get what you are expecting. I hope Kemper tries to reach more artists to create packs for the KPA. That would be really attractive for a lot of customers.

The problem is that most of the artists that interest me are dead or probably way too much expensive for a small company like Kemper BUT there is a lot of guitarists who make their live playing in good cover band of specific artists and learned to nail their tones with great results!

Pierre

• The problem is that most of the artists that interest me are dead or probably way too much expensive for a small company like Kemper BUT there is a lot of guitarists who make their live playing in good cover band of specific artists and learned to nail their tones with great results!

Pierre

I dig that!
    Labrat

• I think the allure with "artist profiles" is/ would be that, for some reason, people get this convoluted idea that artist profiles would be much better than what is available, and I simply don't think that is the case. I have some profiles done by an established engineer who has done some huge production metal albums, and while they are VERY good, the quality is not any "better" per say, than what is available already to all of us, be it commercial or free profiles. Let's not forget about the old adage " tone is in the fingers" :) and I think that apples here, because the KPA quality is already "there".

• I think the allure with "artist profiles" is/ would be that, for some reason, people get this convoluted idea that artist profiles would be much better than what is available, and I simply don't think that is the case. I have some profiles done by an established engineer who has done some huge production metal albums, and while they are VERY good, the quality is not any "better" per say, than what is available already to all of us, be it commercial or free profiles. Let's not forget about the old adage " tone is in the fingers" :) and I think that apples here, because the KPA quality is already "there".

THIS!

The beauty of the KPA is the 'trust your ears and tweak it' paradigma contrary to 'methods of taming the beast' from the well known (Ahem) competitor.
    Hunting for artists packs only hinders you from developping your very own signature tone.

All IMO, of course. 8)
    And I wouldn't mind some tips/inspiration how to dial in some FX from other people from time to time, but it needn't necessarily be Adrian Belew, Gilmore or Andy Summers.

• Just pull the plug.... :D . BTW: do you still have your one or is gone?

My Axe II is long gone. :rolleyes:

I literally couldn't stand to hear it any more after realizing (within one day) that the the KPA was so superior.
    I don't say this to stir the pot, but it's my true personal experience.

• THIS!

The beauty of the KPA is the 'trust your ears and tweak it' paradigma contrary to 'methods of taming the beast' from the well known (Ahem) competitor.
    Hunting for artists packs only hinders you from developping your very own signature tone.

All IMO, of course. 8)
    And I wouldn't mind some tips/inspiration how to dial in some FX from other people from time to time, but it needn't necessarily be Adrian Belew, Gilmore or Andy Summers.

Of course 90% of the tone is in the fingers but the remaining 10% is really important because why would all of us spend almost 2K for a KPA if anything a lot cheaper would do the trick? When I ask for artist bundle it's obviously not to create my own tone signature but to use in a cover band! But I totaly agree that there is no need for those bundles to be made by the artist himself!

Pierre

• me too
    My artist "Bundles" :

Hendrix J.
    Richie B.
    Winter J.
    Tocak RM
    SRV
    Pablo G.
    Vai S.
    Petrucci J.
    and my self , of course :D

For geeks: you may want to have similar or very similar guitar as your idol , to make his artist profile alive and kicking ...
    (including same brand /similar strings, strings gauge, pickups, strings tune ...)
    Of course , fingers included .

If you ask me , It is not so important to nail some artist profile 100 % .
    The journey to get there and unexpected results might be more interesting ... :thumbup:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 3 times, last by Rescator ().

• Of course 90% of the tone is in the fingers but the remaining 10% is really important because why would all of us spend almost 2K for a KPA if anything a lot cheaper would do the trick? When I ask for artist bundle it's obviously not to create my own tone signature but to use in a cover band! But I totaly agree that there is no need for those bundles to be made by the artist himself!

Pierre

Why you ask? Because none of us are as good as those guys, so we HAVE to make it up somehow with sweet gear!!!! :thumbup:

• I used to want the tone-matched artist presets. There are several available for metal players. I have tried them all. To me, there ends up being an emptiness about sounding 'just like' the original recording after a while. It gets stale because, well it's been done before. So, I ended up abandoning tone-matched presets and creating my own using existing amps. Now when I'm doing a cover song, it sounds like me playing it. That's more exciting to me. YMMV

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach