Rack Mount Dog Ears for Kemper Profiling Amp

• Do I want the dog ears for my Kemper? 43

1. Don't need no stin... dog ear! (22) 51%
    2. Yep, in Black (10) 23%
    3. Sure, but Kemper Green (7) 16%
    4. Hell, YEAH in White (3) 7%
    5. Well - yes - but CK should forge them and have them signed (1) 2%

http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…ad&postID=59176#post59176

There was a request for getting "dog ears" for rack mount of the KPA.
    Any "fully grown male individual TM" interested in this fine "Made in Germany" addon :D for the Kemper Profiling Amp should vote and send a PM for the shipping country, so we can calculate if it makes sense at all.

I'd design it in aluminum with padding to protect the outer paint of the Kemper.

Let me know

Labrat

• I'd like them...but I don't know if it'd make financial sense to pay shipping from Germany especially if a local machine shop could do it for me. Also looking into whether the unit could be secured to a rack shelf rather than dog ears...

• I'd like them...but I don't know if it'd make financial sense to pay shipping from Germany especially if a local machine shop could do it for me. Also looking into whether the unit could be

Well, that what meant with calculating if it makes sense at all. I still believe it could be a Kemper product, like the bag...
    Maybe we stirr something up...

• It has been mentioned here many times that mounting the KPA to a rack draw by removing the rubber feet and reusing the existing screws and holes works great. Drill the rack drawer holes to large and use washers to allow for misalignment. The drawer can be fixed or sliding to allow access too the rear. The advantage of a drawer (shelf) is that the 14.5 inch KPA leaves 5 inches to be used for cable storage where as the ears would block that area.

bd

• Why are you guys so intent on drilling holes in the sides of you KPA? Rack ears would require holes. Drilling holes in sheetmetal that houses elecronics is a dumb idea. The shavings can short the circuits. Disassembling the KPA isn't much better for the average Joe.

Use a drawer and the existing holes and don't destroy your KPA.

bd

• Why are you guys so intent on drilling holes in the sides of you KPA? Rack ears would require holes. Drilling holes in sheetmetal that houses elecronics is a dumb idea. The shavings can short the circuits. Disassembling the KPA isn't much better for the average Joe.

Use a drawer and the existing holes and don't destroy your KPA.

bd

Well, there is no need to drill holes at all for the dog ears. The plan is to use the holes that are already there! 3 on each side, or if you use the drawer method 4 on the bottom.

• If the dog ear would have some feet going under the KPA 'till the rubber feets, you could use those screws and the Gurtpin one on the side, without having to mess around with the chassis ones

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• If the dog ear would have some feet going under the KPA 'till the rubber feets, you could use those screws and the Gurtpin one on the side, without having to mess around with the chassis ones

Yeah right, that is my current design. Going around 2 edges "locks" the KPA secure. But the "waist of storage" space mentioned here (i.e. for cables and so on) is something I think about as well. The metalworker I've talked with has a problem with 2way bending. With his device he said he can't do that, or he does not want to do it. I know the metal trade and I believe he's bullsh.... me. So more search is needed. The tray solution seems the most cost effective one. Available in every country with minimal postage... :)

Labrat

• I've mounted mine on a shelf in a shallow 6U effects-rack along with my 1U wireless receiver. Then I cut a frame from a sheet of aluminium and painted it black to cover the openings around the unit. The frame is mounted with 2 rack screws on each side. I may have opted for a ready-made solution if there was one available at the time.

• I've mounted mine on a shelf in a shallow 6U effects-rack along with my 1U wireless receiver. Then I cut a frame from a sheet of aluminium and painted it black to cover the openings around the unit. The frame is mounted with 2 rack screws on each side. I may have opted for a ready-made solution if there was one available at the time.

Could you PLEASE post a picture of this? I've been thinking of fabricating something very similar!