Just read some Infos about the New Axe II FW 9

• Why are our updates slow? Because we are at 1.54 only?

Comparing updates that add new features, not purely bug fixes, I count 19 updates from Fractal over 18 months and 15 updates from you over 11 months. So you're winning on the numbers, but I think the perception is that Fractal adds significant new FX/sound-related features more frequently. Anyway, I'd prefer that things be done right rather than done quickly. Although both would be nice.

• Saludos Pacocito !
    (nice chickitas ! 8o )

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Updates for the Kemper aren't about new amp models. The Kemper is a paradigm shift in that regard. One might argue the Kemper is stronger tonally than the Axe FX (though that's a really subjective position) but no one can argue it competes in any way regarding effects. 1.1 put a small dent in that gap and I have the utmost faith that future updates will make the unit much more competitive in that regard. But as it stands today, I have to supplement with a ZOOM G3 (but an considering a Line 6 M5 to sync by MIDI) and I would really prefer not to. I realize no unit has every effect conceivable and the Kemper is a very young product, but the unfortunately fact is the Kemper's effects pallet isn't very competitive versus all the competition. And anyone moving from even the most affordable multi-fx/modeling devices on the market is probably missing a key effect or 2. Of course, a rebuttal to my point might be that effects aren't the primary focus of the Kemper...

What Will said. I have to supplement my kemper with an Eventide harmonizer at gigs, would really like to show up with my Kemper, footswitch and a guitar. And a FRFR monitor. I know one extra effect doesn't sound like much, but I have to midi program it for the patches where I want harmonies, three extra audio cables, an extra power supply, and a midi cable.

Having said that, I'll put up with it because my tone live with the Kemper is the best I've ever had... but it would be nice to see the fx at least come up a little bit from what I consider to be bare bones right now.

• It could be an option for sure... and, when the KPA's market share becomes larger, possibly third-part items would be made available :rolleyes:

... Even tho, the potential of a retrofit poweramp can't be underestimated.

• I think it's wonderful that the axe is copying features from the kemper, but the company still has yet to explain why the axe sounds digital and stale. I was an early adopter of the Kemper and I based my purchase solely on clips. I could tell immediately that the Kemper sounded "real." I think slowly people and even the axe crowd are catching on that the Kemper is not a fad device, but a legitimate amp replacement. Forget all the effects etc. The Kemper offers all the basic effects you need to make some really good music. Most of the best selling artists use very little effects. So that's my two cents on this topic.

• I basically agree, jeddie. OTOH, the availability of a retrofit multi-FX unit allowing interested users to just take their KPA with them and no other stuff would be - generally speaking - a plus. Not all the users have the same needs\expectations :)

• I think it's wonderful that the axe is copying features from the kemper, but the company still has yet to explain why the axe sounds digital and stale. I was an early adopter of the Kemper and I based my purchase solely on clips. I could tell immediately that the Kemper sounded "real." I think slowly people and even the axe crowd are catching on that the Kemper is not a fad device, but a legitimate amp replacement. Forget all the effects etc. The Kemper offers all the basic effects you need to make some really good music. Most of the best selling artists use very little effects. So that's my two cents on this topic.

I've heard some very, very good clips from the Axe including some albums recorded exclusively with one. As such I think the "digital and stale" comment is out of line. Of course everyone's entitled to their opinion. But most of the best selling artists also use real amps so I guess there is no need fro the Profilier either... :rolleyes:

Actually, I'd argue that the majority of big selling aritists who's music is actually guitar driven such as U2, John Mayer, and Muse do use a ton of effects many of which are not a part of the Kemper. And of course if you're a guy like me who likes more eclectic instrumental stuff rather than top 40 music, to do the stuff Oz Noy, John Scofield, or Joe Satriani does the Kemper isn't an all in one from an effects perspective from a long shot.

You may be satisfied with a limited effects pallet, some of use would like just a bit more to allow the Kemper to function as an all in one piece of gear.

• Mr. Chen,

Okay you're wrong!!! haha no I'm just kidding. I respect that you want more effects, but I really believe they are not required to make good music. I guess I am more of a purist when it comes to sound... Give me any amp with a little bit of delay and I'll write a song that sounds good. No fancy effects needed, but that's my preference.

Best selling artists use amps, but now you have a kemper that sounds like the amp and it's a all in one unit! I'm not sure I was getting into this like you read it in that only because an artist uses or not uses something it's good. I think you took that to a whole new level. I'm saying in general that if you are a good musician you typically do not need a ton of effects to get the message across. Most of these artist you mentioned really don't use a lot of effects. Most of the effects aren't all on at once either. They have different amps,delays, distortion pedals, and so on for different songs. Is all this required to write a good song? No, it's not really required nor would someone notice if they were missing an effect when they play the song. Anyways, I guess our fundamental belief is different. I like the Kemper for it's pure raw sounding distortion and minimal effects vs an axe that sounds flat and harsh with a bunch of weird effects all jumbled in(note this is my opinion of the axe based on what I hear your experience may be different. I'm sure the Kemper team will give your effects in time, but for me I don't need it to be completely satisified with my creativity. :D

It's cool I respect you for your opinions. My post was more in response to the axe copying the kemper and my satisifcation with the Kemper as a complete rig.

• Give me an acoustic and I'll write a song that sounds good. In fact, give me a piano and I can write a song. Shoot, let's just go a capella and call it a day! Fact is, nothing is "required" to make music, certainly not a guitar based on what the public currently enjoys according to the charts. It boils down to what our individual preferences are. I don't make a habit of discounting/judging other's choices in life (including gear) as everyone has their own priorities...

• And BTW, looks like Axe will have profiling in the form of "multi-point iterative matching technology" in version 10.0. As such, if the Kemper wants to stay competitive (other than price) its time to step up...

• Its hard to say if it's going to be competive before it has been heard by unbiased ears! This reminds me of the comparisons made by "experts" between the Samsung S3 and iPhone 5 when NOBODY had even touched or seen the iPhone yet.... but they read the hype and believed with all their hearts! Fanboys will always make claims. I am sure some Axe users will proclaim "victory" immediately.

As for me, I just appreciate legitimate, certified and proven advancements in technology.

bd