Hey Mr. Kemper - how about a new info thread?

• We see all sorts of anxious messages on missing features, the foot controller, new effects that might be added, some kind of editor. And sure, the Kemper is already perfectly usable as is and there are more and more great profiles. But how about starting out the new year with some kind of positive update on what we might expect in 2013?

Surely it's not that important that every detail is always a secret. At least for me it's not so much the wait. I'd just be interested to know what it is I might be waiting for.

What do you say?

• We see all sorts of anxious messages on missing features, the foot controller, new effects that might be added, some kind of editor. And sure, the Kemper is already perfectly usable as is and there are more and more great profiles. But how about starting out the new year with some kind of positive update on what we might expect in 2013?

Surely it's not that important that every detail is always a secret. At least for me it's not so much the wait. I'd just be interested to know what it is I might be waiting for.

What do you say?

Couldnt agree with you more bro! :thumbup:

• This is just a guess, but I would expect that they are saving the announcement of some of these things for the winter NAMM show in January.

I'll be there, and I'll certainly be asking. :D

What I talked with them last year, I felt that they were fairly candid about plans for the future. Having said that, I'd bet that they hadn't allowed for some of the sideways progress due to various issues in the code.

Last January I didn't own one...now I do. And, I'm VERY happy I do. :thumbup:

• In case you hadn't noticed, things have gotten extremely competitive in the high end modeling market. If they release plans prior to being ready to roll them out, a competitor may beat them to the punch stealing potential sales. Here's hoping that NAMM and/or Musikmesse brings a major announcement and juicy update(s)!

What do you say?

+10

• This is just a guess, but I would expect that they are saving the announcement of some of these things for the winter NAMM show in January.

I'll be there, and I'll certainly be asking. :D

Yes, I suspect we'll hear something from NAMM in 43 days. Please report back, as soon as you hear anything.

• Constant updates & preview info. What do you think this is, an Axe Fx??? lol

I really like that the kemper don't need the constant firmware updates and tweaking of the amps and dynamics like the axe fx to catch up to sound realerer. And it's great to have a userforum that's not censored :thumbup:
    The kemper team have mentioned several things they are working on here on the forum, not many secrets. After seeing what happens on the Line6 forum there are some downsides to mentioning timelines for updates. If, for some reasons, the timeline is delayed there will be a very negative outrage. I clearly vote for no timelines.
    We know they work on several things so the NAMM event will be very interesting to hear from.
    About three weeks left I guess.

• I think the delaying of Performance Mode taught an important lesson too. It's better to wait until the product(be it foot pedal, editor, et al) is complete and ready for mass consumption before making an announcement. Nothing pisses of a user base more than a promise and then subsequent failure to deliver as expected.
    Furthermore, apparently there are some copycat products out there who would steal Kemper ideas and release it as their own. :thumbdown:

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• Here is one thread about features: "New Features We Know Are In The Works... "
    www.kemper-amps.com/forum/inde…page=Thread&threadID=7140

Some info in this post regarding the story of performance undo/redo from mr Kemper.
    www.kemper-amps.com/forum/inde…9926&highlight=#post59926

"My question had a certain intention. Here's the full story:

When we designed the Profiler, we had many ideas and plans. We have
    decided to release the Profiler without Performance Mode and Undo/Redo,
    because we felt that both functions are not that essential at first. You
    can imagine that we have plans for loads of functionality for the
    future. Fortunately we don't talk about these plans, as the product
    would be considered even more beta. :)

After the release there were many new and specific wishes from the
    userbase, we were happy to realize many of them with high priority, to
    make the amp better for you. Many of these wishes were more usefull and
    interesting, than some of the plans we have, so we rearrange our
    priority list from time to time. That is a nice product evolution model
    that is not performed by many hardware manufacturers, but common in the
    software business.

Too bad that we have given the Performance Mode a label on the panel. So
    we had to tell initially what will come. We would have done better if
    we had left out the labels and buttons for features yet to come.we would
    not look beta. But from your point of view it's good to have them, once
    these functions are available.

However, we have bowed to the pressure a bit, because people care. The
    Performance Mode is in the works, even though there was other features,
    that I have considered to be more important."

• I'll be there on Saturday, I am making a list of questions to ask,

and I am going to Bring Him a very special NOS NIB tube, to show My appreciation for what He has given us.

-the last time I was at NAMM, I had somehow ended up with Kip Winger's Badge, that's how long ago that was, lol.

"Every Coin Has 3 Sides" - Rae

• Constant updates & preview info. What do you think this is, an Axe Fx??? lol

Guess the year that we had the hardware controller done when we had the same "constant" hardware developement speed :)
    Hardware take a while!

But I have to admit: Copying software features is done faster than creating them. Be patient!

• Well CK, i understand that you don't want to give timelines since they usually generate troubles, but it would be goo to know if the foot controller is planned to be presented in the third quater of 2013 or later.
    Thanks