VST editor

• Love my Kemper - would really like to see a VST based editor , like the one i have for the G-System, made by Vyzor . I could then browse and make all the adjustments from my DAW! How cool would that be!
    MattyB

• I actually don't understand AT ALL why everybody wants an editor for the KPA. It's a perfectly well thought out hardware interface and to me it feels a ton better to touch real knobs than to mouse around. A Librarian would be cool yes, but I don't need an editor or VST Interface at all....

• the problem of touching the hardware is that after some years it breaks we can already see the fragility of the encoders type and browse for exemple that from scratch dont make the same noise and this noise when you turn is a bit randoms ( meaning problem of quality )

second for my point of view, the kemper in my studio is far from me, the guys have it 4 meters behind me then whenever i want to change somehting i must get up and go through the cables the tables and the mess of my studio:P

i guess if every other hardware has an ditor, there must have a reason ( and i see those 2 reasons very credible )

• I actually don't understand AT ALL why everybody wants an editor for the KPA. It's a perfectly well thought out hardware interface and to me it feels a ton better to touch real knobs than to mouse around. A Librarian would be cool yes, but I don't need an editor or VST Interface at all....

To each their own...Im not a great fan of new metal (the kind that they shout all the way through)...some are..but they are morons also. Im not so sure my point was such a good one there :D - you get the point though. one persons needs are different from another. ;)

• the problem of touching the hardware is that after some years it breaks we can already see the fragility of the encoders type and browse for exemple that from scratch dont make the same noise and this noise when you turn is a bit randoms ( meaning problem of quality )

second for my point of view, the kemper in my studio is far from me, the guys have it 4 meters behind me then whenever i want to change somehting i must get up and go through the cables the tables and the mess of my studio:P

i guess if every other hardware has an ditor, there must have a reason ( and i see those 2 reasons very credible )

+ 1000000 :thumbup: I agree with all of that. For myself i would much rather use a mouse than have to turn knobs while in the studio. Its a faster workflow for the way i like to do things and you dont have to have your Kemper right next to you while you use it. Its no show stopper but would be a real nice addition for those of us who would want it

• To each their own...Im not a great fan of new metal (the kind that they shout all the way through)...some are..but they are morons also. Im not so sure my point was such a good one there :D - you get the point though. one persons needs are different from another. ;)

I get your point but what do I have to do with New Metal? 8|
    To me the KPA is a guitar amp ( a little more as well I admit) - never needed a Editor for any of my Tube Guitar Amps either. The knobs are all there - touch them...I use the the KPA in the studio, live and at home for composing - never, ever thought about needing an editor. Maybe I am to old school (well, I got a KPA, so probably not)....?

+1,000,000. But everyone's needs are different. Some want to keep the unit in a studio hooked to a computer at all times, others taking it on tours. I personally always prefer to work with tactile surfaces rather than a mouse, but to each their own...

• I´m pretty fast with my Kemper after several months of turning knobs - but I would appreciate an editor, too!

Mostly for finding and activating presets very fast. Scrolling through 120 profiles with M sucks!

Having a nice edit page with all functions available at once would be a huge timesaver, if you have to edit many profiles one after the other.
    Activating Input section -> tweak -> activate Amp section -> tweak -> switch to page 2 -> tweak -> activate Cap section -> tweak....do this for 20 or 30 profiles....then rename them, tag them....
    Imagine you can do all of that with the help of your computer, on interface, all parameters instantly at hand!

The live-musician with his maybe 30 profiles, who´s tweaking them now and then sure don´t needs an editor. In fact I´m glad not to have to use a laptop to change settings shortly before my gig...
    For studio users an editor it will be a big benefit!