Weird sounds while in Tuner mode

• Does anybody else here the weird space sounds while in tuner mode or is it just in my head??? When I hit a string I get some warbles etc. Disappears when I go back to normal mode. Not a big deal as I don't hang out in tuner mode very long...just was curious if it's just me.

thx!

• I don't mute the sound on the Master Volume if that is what you mean. I'll try turning it down and see what happens. I assume it will go away.

thx

• What I was referring to is the option to mute sound while in Tuner mode. It's a soft button (on the far left above the LCD screen). It's a useful way to simply mute the unit anytime you need to.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Call me crazy but I thought the KPA's auto ranging tuner actually "plays" a tone when the there is guitar signal input. This tone is the correct pitch and audibly "beats" against the guitars pitch when they don't match. It's like having a strobe tuner that audibly oscillates until the pitches match. I don't use the KPA's tuner because I have a VG99 as a front end and it does polyphonic tuning.

Is this what we are hearing?

bd

• Thx for all the input. I'm on FW 1.1. Haven't felt the need to upgrade. Interesting theory about the osciilating tone....will need to inspect.