Wish for constant internal latency!

• Please save the word "Genius" for more genious things, or maybe for Cliff.

Ok then, with regards to responding to user requests we'll settle for genialness... 8) (Puntastic...)
    Seriously though, massive thanks to CK and the team for this one. :thumbup:
    Goes to the heart of this unit's main strengths as a great amp box. Wondering what else they have in store for us in later updates...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• many many thanks!!!! :thumbup:
    The two situations you mentioned are the ones that come to my mind, too. They are not exactly uncommon in studio work and for multi-amp live amplification. So there´s no need to hide this function!

again, thanks a lot for adressing this issue!!!!

• For whatever technical reason... this is what fixed any/all problems I've been having. I want to utilize my 4x12's but whenever I would turn the cabinet button off, it would sound waaaay tooo bright and staticky. But now it sounds very genuine and chuggy, also, more dynamic and responsive!

CH

May I ask if that better sound can be switched off and back on by tapping this soft button?

• May I ask if that better sound can be switched off and back on by tapping this soft button?

similar behaviour here, once i pushed the constant latency for the first time, it changed the sound (sounds better now, smoother, bit more midrange, less fizzy, sounds better 8) )

after that first time, no more changes if you switch in on and off .

• similar behaviour here, once i pushed the constant latency for the first time, it changed the sound (sounds better now, smoother, bit more midrange, less fizzy, sounds better 8) )

after that first time, no more changes if you switch in on and off .

Same here. Once i pushed the button for the first time, there was a change in sound but it did not turn back. After a reboot i cannot reproduce it, the sound then stays the same.

• What I'm experiencing here is just a kind of hickup when you switch it on the first time after accessing the Master menu, if you switch back and forth it doesn't happen anymore, but you can repeat it exiting the menu and going back in, but in my opinion the sound doesn't change, and the proof is that it does not change back when you switch the fixed latency off...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• When you switch off constant latency, you will not hear that hickup.
    Wait a few seconds before switching it on, then you can hear it again.

Sorry to disappoint you, but that switch does not change the sound, only the latency.
    No improvement in the mid range :)

• I finally remembered this fix when I've been fighting with latency for the past 4 hours when reamping.

I pressed the button, button lights up, aaaand the phasing is still there, completely randomly. What now? Starting to get really frustrated. :(

Running 1.8, trying to reamp the same di through two different profiles.

Do I need to go back to 1.6 to make this work?

Edit: I got rid of the random phasing, problem is, to my knowledge I didn't do anything differently. :huh:

• Hi,

Im having similar inequities when using the digital I/O, and Im thinking it comes back to no way to properly clock the KPA.

I did not read all 6 pages of this thread.
    But IF your complaint of phasing is when you trying to reamp a number of tones from the same DI signal, and youre doing it all digitally, it may just be the fact that there is no way to clock the KPA when sending the signal back to it via the SPDIF input.

When using the KPA in the digital realm, the "pitcher and catcher" are not truly synced like the way they should be in a professional, digital studio.
    Just because a user is not getting loud clicks and pops, the overt artifacts associated with a poorly clocked system, dosent mean more subtle problems arent occurring.
    Like the problems Im getting, and I think the OP is having as well.

all the best.