Kemper can sound correctly!!!!!!

• Well, it ain´t all that easy. There is no such thing as a general EQ setting that will work for everything. First thing is that it depends on the density of the music. If you do modern and fast metal, a brighter guitar tone helps cuttings through a mix while adding some clarity. For a normal rock or blues tone it may sound awful.

The second thing to consider is what happens in the mastering process. On many recordings the sum of all signals will be treated with a EQ which adds a lot of brilliance and hi end. This will of course affect your guitar tones as well. I would say that without the musical context it is impossible to say that a guitar sound will work or not.

• You are right, but the basis of sounding became more correct

"Correct" compared to what?

If you are going to say your setting makes the amp sound more like the mic'd (recorded) amp I beg to differ. When I profiled my Marshall Class 5 it sounded identically to the recorded amp without any secret sauce or whatever. I personally prefer recording the Kemper with the least amount of EQ - most of the time I would use only the amp/cab section and everything else switched off or set to neutral.

Everything else is better done at mixing stage. Having said that, with the Kemper and a good profile the amount of mixing tricks applied did significantly decrease in my case. Most of the time I do nothing except for the usual Basscut I would do with a real amp as well.

• unfortunately I very badly know english, and I won't be able correctly to write that that I think about a sound and of post-equalization. Somebody will be able to translate from russian?

• Pocobor's Settings for Kemper.

Amplifier section:
    Definition 7.4
    Power Sagging 8.4
    Pick - from 1.5 to 2.5 on your taste
    Compressor 7.7

Effects section:
    Graphic Equalizer
    80Hz -7.2
    160Hz 6.5
    320Hz 12.0
    640Hz -0.4
    1250Hz 12.0
    2500Hz 12.0
    5000Hz 12.0
    10000Hz 0.0
    Mix 100%
    Volume -5.0

Volume on minimum, that not clipping!
    If still clipping, in section Cabinet Volume -5.0

This is FOR DIRECT LINE RECORDING!!!

Edited 3 times, last by Pocobor ().

• No offense there, but I had to giggle quite a bit when I saw this - don't you think these EQ Settings are a little extreme? Boosting 12 db at several EQ points? Besides the accuracy of the amp section is totally amp/profile dependend...

• No offense, but I don't like it at all. In your example, the pick sounds waaay too loud when you palm mute (or play dead notes). It feels like it's slamming your ears every time you hit the strings.

Everything also sounds way too scooped and thin. The part with basic EQ however, sounded good. Even the original sound would sound pretty good if you only threw a low cut with EQ around 70hz or so.