spdif doesn'r work with fast track pro

• Bought a new cheap card-Fast Track Pro
    my connections are : guitar>Kemper>spdif out >fast track pro spdif in >Logic7
    NO any sound ???

Otherwise , guitar>kemper >kemper main out> fast track pro in >fats track usb > Logic - works ,but latency is pretty much there .

I did reboot with system button holding ,but no results .

I am running the latest OS .

Some guys here talking about frequencies match ? can somebody highlight me what frequencies and where you read/manage it.
    is that match between sound card and Kemper and/or Logic ,OR WHAT ???

Any help since I have to bring it back or retaining in a next few hours ...
    THANKS ! :D

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• You need to set the Fast Track to external clock and lock it at 44.1. You should have a setting menu in the computer. Make sure you're setting the correct input channel on Logic as well

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Thanks Sage
    I think I do not have external clock , but there is Midi Time Code in Logic ??

Can anyone explain me what to do exactly step by step ?

Project settings says sample rate is 44.1000 k Hz in my logic anyway , is that the one ?

• Midi Time Code is something else. You need to go to the settings of the audio card (don't know where is in a Mac, on a PC you have the Control Panel, but you should have some sort of dedicated software from the Fast Track). You need to set the sampling rate at 44.1 kHz (on the card) and the Clock to external.

Project at 44.1 is fine and make sure that the input channel is set to spdif (in Logic)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• thanks again , but this card doesn't have any such a setting , unfortunately , just to tick off/on input and outputs ,nothing else
    even there is no volume control .

Anyone using Fast Track Pro and Logic ????

• logic works on 41.0 kHz
    fast track pro says -max 48kHz , but streaming on 41.0 kHz , the same as Logic .
    But , than Logic says : 41.0 kHz recognized , there is a conflict t with midi ...
    all of my previous records get out of tune ????

I get back to old mobile pre-usb and everything works fine , except no spdif .

I am returning back this pathetic ,worthless fast track pro .... X(

now the question - which usb AI with spdif to choose , but to match with Logic 10.5.2 and Kemper ??????

or simply to give up from spdif ???

• now the question - which usb AI with spdif to choose , but to match with Logic 10.5.2 and Kemper ??????

RME Fireface or Focusrite Scarlett, IMHO. Difficult to beat in the price class

• Scarlet is compatible only with OS 10.6 and higher, I am on 10.5.2
    Will check REM
    Thanks!!!

• One more thing before bringing back fast track.
    Where on Kemper is frequency adjusting
    I remember I saw it few times, but it was set on 46000 hz.?
    Or I am missing something here??

• Logic stop every two seconds with this message , while each and every previously and this new Logic record is out of tune -flat and tempo-slower (Itunes work fine)

error while trying to synchronize audio and Midi :
    sample rate 40515 recognized
    check conflict between Logic Pro and external device

From other side all 3 devices claim they work on 44,1 kHz ???
    Kemper , Fast Track and Logic

I checked in Logic bin every track in the song and it says 44,1 kHz .

So from where these might 40515 come up ???

How can I dare to order AI via Internet if I get to the same problems ???

• update :
    after 3 days of f..ing up with this , there is conclusion :

spdif need to be sorted out on my Kemper - it DOES NOT WORK , but mess up with all system (Logic, AI )
    it was not about AI , but shit happens always when spdif is engaged
    since few rebooting didn't help , I am going back to recording from Kemper main out to AI , and to wait for spdif to be sorted out in some of new OS updates .

Thanks

• Hi Rescator, did you managed to get the S/PDIF working? I got also a fast track pro and that thing sucks. I cannot change the sample rate on the Kemper up to 48 Khz and also cannot change it down to 44.1 Khz on the Fast Track Pro, this really sucks.

There is even an option on the Audio and Midi Settings on the mac to change this, but if I go there and try to change the sample rate on the Fast Track Pro I just don't get anything else than 48 kHz.

This why it sucks not giving the option to change the sample rate both in the Kemper and the FTP.

• Hi there ! i tried my fast track pro with the kemper with spidif with presonus studio one . and worked alright . you might have a drivers problem or software problem it seems . I am using 44.1khz, chose that on the control panel before entering the daw software . (if you try to change with your daw software open , it wont change , you must close it)

Edited 2 times, last by Tone ().

• have you tried to set the audio/midi from the DAW? I have the fast track pro, and know about the simple settings but most of them are to be set from the DAW. check the settings in Logic.

hope this can help

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Hi guys ,
    No luck (and no nerves 8) ) with Fast track and spdf , I am back on my old card /configuration .

• Just saw this , I'm using a fast track pro & kemper into Cubase

I have fast track pro and Cubase project set at 44.1khz and the output of the kemper is 44.1khz but there is no 'set to external clock' setting anywhere I can find for the m-audio !??!!

Does this have to be selected (if it exists at all) and does it matter?

I did a reamp the other day and it sounded fine

also to guys using the fast track pro be aware there are only certain ins and outs that can be selected for it to function at 24bit before it drops down to 16...its in the manual so just a heads up if to the guys having problems before

• I have a Fast Track and it works fine. In Pro Tools you can set the device which syncs the session in the session options. It has to be the KPA, otherwise it won't work.

You have to go into Logic's project settings and set the synchronisation to external(I don't have Logic on this computer so I can't check it right now). You also have to make sure that the session's sample rate is 44.1 kHz(not 41k or 46k, I've never heard of them in an audio context).

• I got my FTP working with my KPA through SPDIF for a while, I don't know exactly how, but they did. Yesterday, after a pickup update on my guitar, I wanted to record something just to compare the sound of the old pickups and the new ones. But the FTP was gone without reason at all, I didn't change anything on both the FTP or the KPA, and now I cannot get any sound through the SPDIF, not even a bad signal or anything. The SPDIF Volume on the KPA is turned up to the max, the connections and setup are all correct, it just doesn't want to give any sound.

I think the problem is coming from the FTP, as I'm using Ableton Live, there I do use the "tone test" button, when the setup is done and correct, it gets me the tone, but when I shut it down it keeps sounding, sometimes completely distorted, sometimes just as if I didn't turn it off. I've tried everything, uninstall, reinstall, older versions of the firmware, activating and deactivating all kind of input/output combinations, no way, there is no tone coming out of the SPDIF.

The FTP is really a bad interface, the people from M-Audio aren't answering any trouble questions because they sold it to Avid and Avid doesn't care about the FTP-Users at all. So, if you can try to buy any other interface but not that sh**