Wireless Keyboard

• Hi gang,

after starting to create & tweak some custom rigs, I can't tell you how much I would appreciate to have a small wireless keyboard (e.g. bluetooth) connected to my KPA to type all the names & tags and to use a set of keyboard shortcuts for navigation. I think, this would be a great feature for a future KPA 2.0 ... it takes such a long time to create & tweak & name & describe using the dials only. At least in my case this would help me to focus on sound & music instead of being busy with the hardware all the time. :)

Cheers,
    Martin

• Hi Paul,

thanks for your answer. Actually the KPA wouldn't necessarily need a hardware upgrade, as long as the USB A connector is capable of USB host mode.
    If that's the case, then it would be easy to attach a bluetooth dongle for a wireless keyboard. The "rest of the show" would have to be done in software only. ;)

Cheers,
    Martin

• You really don't want a Bluetooth keyboard because the USB would have to be supported by a Bluetooth Stack driver in the KPA. That would be a lot of programmibg and overhead for Kemper. The simpler solution is for the KPA to support a standard wired USB keyboard. The wireless keyboards that have an RF USB adapter (not Bluetooth) are recognized the same as a wired keyboard. Their batteries last much longer as well. That way allows for wired and wireless.

bd

• Hi musicman65,

the RF USB adapter driven wireless keyboard solution is a good idea as well, thanks.
    I just think wireless would be great, no matter how exactly it's achieved.

When I play my guitar and try to create, adjust and store sounds (rigs), I don't want
    to sit in front of a computer monitor all the time. The KPA is a nice device with its
    knobs and buttons. Only downside imho: Naming and tagging the rigs, amps, cabinets
    and stomp modules is horrible using the dials and buttons on the KPA.

Cheers,
    Martin