Firmware and 1000 profile limitation

• I have at least 3,000 profiles from various sources ad have not upgraded my firmware in quite a while due to the newly implemented 1000 profile limitation (which is a significant limitation considering many profile packs come with 500 profile variations each). May I start fresh, i.e if i clear the Kemper and reload the newest firmware, can I then re-load all my old profiles back in or will I get a "software" error for exceeding the profile limit?

I also want to understand why the KPA now has the limitation when earlier it did not? Will this be a permanent feature of the unit? Without a external editor and the extensive amount of time it takes the KPA to load large batches of profiles, I really prefer having all my profiles on the USB stick and available for access at the push of a soft button.

• It is not (yet) a brickwall but is not supposed to be lifted. Some future features will increase the size of the profiles and memory has been reserved.
    The ability to browse from the USB stick is a very good idea and has been already requested by several users

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff