Profiling a stereo source

• Tell me if I'm wrong but the KPA isn't able to profile a stereo source for the moment. Is it on the roadmap for a future update or for the future rack version ?
    If it's not, so it's a feature request.
    Thanks.

• A stereo source would be two amps typically. If its a single amp with stereo effects, the KPA has that. Thr KPA can't profile time shift effects like chorus or flange anyways. If it's two seperate amps, two KPA's could be used to play both profiles. Or is there something else I am missing?

bd

• Thank you for your answers.

I already had this idea to use two KPA and I also thought there would be problems to have them both used at the same time.

@ r_u_sirius : your last link is broken

@ r_u_sirius & musicman65 : when you want to have a thicker sound you can use different technics : add several layers, use different mics, add delay, use chorus in order to have 2 slight outputs : stereo automagically expands the space of your sound. Then I want to keep my sound in stereo.

In fact I just expect the KPA to play two profiles at the same time : stereo would just be a consequence but is the KPA able to do that ?

• this should work: "Wish for constant internal latency!"

You can not play two profiles at the same time. But you can use stereo effects to get a stereo sound.

Usually all this "malking it stereo" is something that´s done in the studio and heard on recordings. For live use it´s quite uncommon. A FOH mixer mixes a rock/pop band typically in mono, so your stereo guitar sound won´t reach the audience anyway. It´s jiust for you monitoring pleasure on stage.

• I run true stereo on my PA so delays, chorus, and other spatial effects can work. I don't pan mono signals significantly. Sound engineers that don't run stereo are stuck in the past. Saying they do it that way because blah blah blah is just them justifying there inability to change! The KPA has some nice stereo effects that sound huge on a properly configured system.

bd

• So standing at the left or right side of a huge venue or a festival area is also a behaviour of people stuck in the past? ;)
    Stereo mixing in smaller venues is possible and can bring nice results. Mixing in big arenas or at open air concerts was and will be in mono. Only a small part of the audience standing in the middle, at best directly in front of the mixing desk, will benefit of stereo sound treatment.
    And you as a guitar player don´t want to deliver only half of the repeats of your precisely tweaked stereo delay to your audience standing at one side of the hall, and you don´t want your stereo panning effect become a on/off effect, do you? so run it in mono and you´re fine.

• So standing at the left or right side of a huge venue or a festival area is also a behaviour of people stuck in the past? ;)
    Stereo mixing in smaller venues is possible and can bring nice results. Stereo mixing in big arenas or at open air concerts was and will be in mono. Only a small part of the audience standing in the middle, at best directly in front of the mixing desk, will benefit of stereo sound treatment.
    And you as a guitar player don´t want to deliver only half of the repeats of your precisely tweaked stereo delay to your audience standing at one side of the hall, and you don´t want your stereo panning effect become a on/off effect, do you? so run it in mono and your fine.

True. Never heard a big venue act go stereo live.
    Live is about 'in your Face', transparency, and sheer power, and not about stereo soundscapes.

• Read up on it. Lots of folks run stereo spatial effects...not hard panning of instruments. Plenty of large acts run stereo. Folks that sit far L or R in large venues won't benefit but won't miss it either. The folks that care enough to get good seats will benefit.

Good arguments pro and con here...
    http://www.gearslutz.com/board…ve-sound-mono-stereo.html

I honestly don't care to debate it. Everyone should do whatever makes you happy.

I suspect the vast majority of us play smaller venues. That's 90% of my shows. The rest are outdoors. My PA is stereo but I can pan mono as needed.

bd

• Hello everybody,

First of all, I wish you a happy new year.

About stereo source I think the problem isn't the fact that the KPA isn't able to profile a stereo file (this problem can be solved by doing two profiles : one for each channel, that's all). As I said before, the real problem is that the KPA can't play several profiles at the same time. If it could do this, it would be possible of course to have stereo of course for people who need this but it would be cool for people who wants to expand their sound not necessarily using stereo but using several tones such as a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier + Marshal JCM 800 + ... To do this the KPA should also be able to mix several profiles.

Do you know if there's a thread about "playing different profiles at the same time" ? If it's not, it would be interesting to create it, wouldn't it ?

• The cab section section is mono. Do you think it could be possible to have it stereo one day, or to play two cab sections at the same time ?

• If any other modellers on the market can use 5 IR's at the same time, it still wouldn't equal 1 Kemper cab. :)

So, right now, the Kemper cab is the equivalent or better than two IR Cabs at once, so no need for two Kemper cabs at once. :D

• I don't want a mix of two or more IRs. This is not a question of running 2, 5 or 32 IRs at the same time. In fact, what I am looking for is a real stereo effect with two cabs running. Stereo is there to give more space to the sound.

• Hmm, two cabs running with one amp profile doesn't make a stereo effect, as there is no time and frequency shifting involved.
    But try running the KPA's output to a stereo amp and use air chorus.
    Instant awesomeness.

As for the original question: No, isn't likely to happen.

• Another option for thickening the sound up is the stereo widener.
    From the wiKPA:

STEREO WIDENER
    To get a huge sound some use a lot of delay or reverb. That may work in some cases, but sounds too much processed in a lot of others. I found that the KPA Stereo widener (I use it in the X slot) makes some sounds very huge.
    I like the KPA with this effect more than the Axe-Fx with two amps/caps at the same time.

If the default settings does not work for you - the effect has some parameters to play with ...

Hmm, two cabs running with one amp profile doesn't make a stereo effect

Of course, I need two different cabs to have a stereo effect.

Another option for thickening the sound up is the stereo widener

I'll have a look at it. Thanks.