Profiling a stereo source

• About stereo source I think it would be cool for people who wants to expand their sound not necessarily using stereo but using several tones such as a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier + Marshal JCM 800 + ... To do this the KPA should also be able to mix several profiles.

Do you know if there's a thread about "playing different profiles at the same time" ? If it's not, it would be interesting to create it, wouldn't it ?

Big +1

• A stereo source would be two amps typically. If its a single amp with stereo effects, the KPA has that. Thr KPA can't profile time shift effects like chorus or flange anyways. If it's two seperate amps, two KPA's could be used to play both profiles. Or is there something else I am missing?

bd

No, not neccesarily.
    Im looking for the ability to profile an amp the way I typically would record an amp.
    One close mic on one amp, and one or two room mics panned, all bussed to a stereo track. KPA can play out stereo sources, Im thinking [ hoping ] that future builds with be stereo, hi res, units.

best,
    Mr.T

• it would be sweet indeed if a mid-side mic setup could be profiled since it s a very clean and effective way to get stereo spaceousnessssssss.

i ran two 6505 amps in stereo for years. also i have been a professional sound guy for 10 years. i mix in stereo. of course. were not trying to emulate am radio here. ;)

i have a kemper and have profiled a number of amps. i have come to terms with the fact that i ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT sound like my amp when playing live.

i profiled my amp with a utterly transparent and very expensive mic pre and used various mics including royer ribbons.

then i AB'd my profiles with the amp for my band members and the consensus was this. doesn't sound like my amp. even when i listen to recordings using the same mic same settings and all... it sounds good. but NOT for live! STUDIO YES!

to be honsest i could see someone using the kemper for clean tones live. distortion? it just don't have the "real thing" sound for live. just doesn't..

i definitely had all parameters set properly for those who would say i did it wrong.

very cool box for sure.

BOTTOM LINE at the end of the day i also bought a stereo tube pre and a stereo tube power amp ( Brunetti MILLE pre and MESA BOOGIE 290 power) :) couldn't be happier!

• Holy necro-thread, batman. Check post dates before commenting.

That said, CKemper has said there is not enough power in the DSP to have two profiles running at once. This was in reference to having overdrive/distortion profiling. I would assume if that's not possible, then dual amp profiles are not possible. And, after all, a stereo profile would be running two profiles - a left profile, and a right profile.

For me, the Kemper sounds just as great as my AC-15 cranked live. I have zero issues with it live or in the studio. I'm running my Kemper into a Matrix GT1000FX and a Matrix NL212 with cab emulations on.

The reason the powered Kemper is mono is because people run mono normally when performing live. Unless you're in the sweet spot, you're not getting a stereo signal anyway - you're just catching delayed reflections.

However, if you must run stereo, then consider adding the Stereo Expander to the X or Mod slot, or experimenting with delays.

Finally, I feel like if you have NEVER liked your amp sound live, then perhaps try a different amp? The 6505 is a solid workhorse, but, now that you have the Kemper, you have the ability to try out tens, if not hundreds, of available amps, often for no cost to you, using the Rig Exchange. No need to troll the forums, bashing the Kemper on its live sounds, when you've stuck to your own profiles and haven't tried other options. Maybe a different IR/Cab profile would work better for your live performance? Or be sure to disable your cab section altogether if you're running into a standard guitar cab (non-FRFR cab).

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• @Smoothie: Welcome.
    I'd suggest before posting bold statements like this, which contradict the overall experience of the user base with the profiler that you get into a good studio and have your amp miked (and thus profiled) professionally.
    The fact that you used decent outboard equipment doesn't imply that you have actually mastered the art of miking your amp to your satisfaction.

• @dougc84: Pretty fast to pull the T-card, don't you think??

Nope. Posting on a thread that died over 2 years ago saying "it sucks for live use" with zero other posts implies that, IMO.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack