Trying out new profiles

• I know this is not a new request.
    I have own my KPA a year now.
    I think it sounds terrific.
    However the new firmwares seem to create new problems so I have decided to wait.
    What is worse is the time consuming way to try out new profiles.
    I own a TC G-major 2, and Eventide Eclipse. They can send Sysex directly from the computer and you could download and try out user patches in a breeze.
    I realize KPA profiles is not only about Sysex but er NEED an editor that could send patches via USB, delete profiles in KPA, transfer and save profiles on the computer.
    Untill then I will not even use the KPA and especially not try new profiles.
    I really hope that an Editor is close to be realized.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO CK, Kemper employees, and all KPA users!
    Mike
    Sweden

• The thoughts of many grown men, happy Xmas to all the Team and users alike as well.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I try out new Profiles everyday.

I copy and paste about 20 onto a USB stick, Import into the Kemper...maybe 30 seconds work.
    Then I go to "Last Imported", play a Profile for a few seconds, decide whether it has potential for my tone tastes, if not I delete it.
    Takes me about 5 minutes to check out 20 Profiles and delete or save them.

It took me far more time to check out 20 new patches using the PC Editor on my Pod HD500.

• I try out new Profiles everyday.

I copy and paste about 20 onto a USB stick, Import into the Kemper...maybe 30 seconds work.
    Then I go to "Last Imported", play a Profile for a few seconds, decide whether it has potential for my tone tastes, if not I delete it.
    Takes me about 5 minutes to check out 20 Profiles and delete or save them.

It took me far more time to check out 20 new patches using the PC Editor on my Pod HD500.

My method is the same, but first I had to reduce from 500 plus rigs:

• Made backup from KPA on stick
    • Put stick on PC
    • Make copy of backup and store safely!
    • 7zip decompress backup in new directory
    • Plug guitar in KPA and play (I use a sequence of chords and single tones, like a standard tune of mine that I use to check guitars as well).
    • Decide if rig stays or goes - If it goes delete on PC
    • Pack the reminder of the rigs in the directory and put back on the KPA (replace)

With this method I've reduced the rig on the KPA in 3 hrs from 550 to about 150. I might have lost valuable rigs, but I can always play them back. ;)

The mentioned "20 rig check" fits well in this schema and deleting single rigs on the KPA is no hassle (at least for me....)

Labrat