Kemper news on NAMM 2013

• So what do you think ? What news will CK bring on NAMM in January ?
    Midi pedal ? Amp ? Alfa version instead of Beta ? Editor ? Solving aliasing ? Espresso machine ?
    They are pretty quiet these days .....must be something really new ...

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Im not expecting anything until Musikmesse, then if it comes sooner all the better :D , hope its the foot controller.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• CK was just presenting designs only a few weeks ago of two concept foot controllers in another thread for the forum to vote/comment on. How long do you think it takes from conception to production? I hope soon!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• Im not expecting anything until Musikmesse, then if it comes sooner all the better :D , hope its the foot controller.

I'll be surprised if they wait until after NAMM.....the USA is a BIG market. Of course, they could *announce* at NAMM and *announce* that they are shipping at Musikmesse, and keep everyone happy. 8)

• CK was just presenting designs only a few weeks ago of two concept foot controllers in another thread for the forum to vote/comment on. How long do you think it takes from conception to production? I hope soon!

Maybe I missed a new thread, but his last comment about the floor board in the Floorboard Evolution thread was in July. I certainly hope its in production by now. I cant wait to get my hands on one! Either way Im looking forward to anything new from them :thumbup:

• I'm hoping for the footboard, the Performance mode which is way overdue, and some type of computer based editor for it.

If even one of those pieces happens for Namm, it will be great.

If I was to guess, I'd say they will probably release the Performance Mode and keep the footboard for Musikmesse. I still think we are a bit far away yet from an editor.

Can't wait to see what they present!

:)

• I'd be very happy with a Librarian. As far as an Editor, just what functions would an Editor perform?

An editor would allow you to set up and adjust any parameter of any pedal, amp setting etc from the computer, as well as quickly set up MIDI assignments via select and tap. It simply allows you to adjust and build rigs from the computer, much like Pod HD Edit or Axe Edit in addition to having librarian like functions.

A librarian on its own meanwhile would only work as a file system, it would allow you to group profiles offline, pick which are loaded onto the KPA by name, and rename/edit the text metadata for each profile that you have, also maybe allow you to duplicate or delete profiles and select the active profile when the KPA is connected. Think of it as treating your KPA like removable storage media and using the OS filing system on your computer (only it'll most likely be a full standalone app).

• A librarian on its own meanwhile would only work as a file system, it would allow you to group profiles offline, pick which are loaded onto the KPA by name, and rename/edit the text metadata for each profile that you have, also maybe allow you to duplicate or delete profiles and select the active profile when the KPA is connected. Think of it as treating your KPA like removable storage media and using the OS filing system on your computer (only it'll most likely be a full standalone app).

If/When they release this functionality, I'll be the happiest man on earth. I love my KPA but managing profiles is a pain. Not to mention the fact I have to keep a USB key handy and I'm a messy, lazy ass!

I'm really hoping for something good from NAMM as they're pretty quiet and slow on the updates. Some solid info on the direction and rate of the KPA development would make me a much happier customer!

• I am really hoping for an librarian in the meantime. An editor can come later if need be. THe Kemper interface is so smooth I'd probably still edit on the toaster as long as there were a way to save the patch to the DAW/computer.

• I am really hoping for an librarian in the meantime. An editor can come later if need be. THe Kemper interface is so smooth I'd probably still edit on the toaster as long as there were a way to save the patch to the DAW/computer.

+1
    There are too many good profiles, we need a librarian to keep them on our computer and be able to load them on the fly.

• I'm hoping for a lot at NAMM 2013 as there's been so little major updates in the year Ive had the kemper its mainly just been bug fixes. I cant believe they don't have something big up their sleeve for namm.

Librarian with editor intergrated

pitch fx whammy etc

release date for power amp and foot controller

I would be a happy chappy with this :thumbup:

• With just 14 more days until NAMM, here's my hopes (and wishes) for KPA improvements:

• In Rig Selection (Browser) I would like to see an option "Amps" under the first button which enables the third button to select the Amp model I want to browse. It's still a bit hard to browse the rigs without more fine control.
    • Configurable S/PDIF settings (44.1 kHz @ 24 bit isn't exactly how I'm running my DAW)
    • The Librarian software that includes editing all sorts of metadata of a rig.
    • Foot controller including 1 or even better 2 pedals (I love the "all in one" KPA lunchbox and same would apply to a foot controller with pedals. I'm just tired to mess around with XX pieces of gear)
    • I wouldn't need an actual amplifier inside my lunchbox. But what would be very nice to see fill this hole: An I/O board that adds e.g. AES/EBU digital input/output, some simple analog input with mixer to play along with external audio, an SD card slot with looper (play, record, overdub) functionality and why not even dreaming of a built-in wireless guitar receiver sold as a kit with a corresponding transmitter of course.

Well, I think that's enough for now (and my needs or wishes). Let's see how things turn out in 2 weeks, hehe.

Cheers,
    Martin