Custom Scales Pitch Shifter Needed

• Can you please add a custom scales pitch shifter like the one on the Axe FX11 and Eventide Products (H8000 & Eclipse)

The ability to create and store custom scales, at least 32 programs and more if possible.

This feature set is a total must for creativity and high end products such as the Kemper.

• Happy waiting mate...we are still waiting on the effect or even a plain octave lower effect. Ive been asking for these fx for what is now coming up to 10 (!!) months of owning the kpa. Thankfully there are more of us out there requesting features. This will only benefit the kpa development. Welcome to the forums gas man!!! :)

• Why?

You think Kemper will implement every requested feature?

Forgive My ignorance,
    But I feel that every bit of feedback is valuable,
    if only to show a trend, or a consensus.

While I highly doubt they will implement a feature based on a few suggestions,
    sometimes a really good Idea may pop up from an idiot like myself :P

"Every Coin Has 3 Sides" - Rae

• I'd like a basic pitch shift, because I can barely play a guitar, let alone a bass, and I can't read/write music to show a bass player what I want them to play.

"Every Coin Has 3 Sides" - Rae

• I'd like a basic pitch shift, because I can barely play a guitar, let alone a bass, and I can't read/write music to show a bass player what I want them to play.

If the bass player cant figure it out by watching your fingers, I doubt hearing it will help! :D:D:D
    (I know you are probably referring to recording tracks but I couldn't resist!)

bd

• This would be incredibly nice...along with a POG/Whammy V style implementation as well. No idea why anyone would be against adding it. If the effect is added and not wanted, dont use it.

• Can you please add a custom scales pitch shifter like the one on the Axe FX11 and Eventide Products (H8000 & Eclipse)

The ability to create and store custom scales, at least 32 programs and more if possible.

This feature set is a total must for creativity and high end products such as the Kemper.

We have no specific timeline for any kind of pitch shifters.
    But are your plans using 32 custom scales?

• ''We have no specific timeline for any kind of pitch shifters'' Ow well at least people now know the score. I love kemper amp tones but im real dissapointed with the lack of fx in this box.

• In other words: Do not expect a specific release date from me :)

Still the question remains: What do you want to realize with custom pitch scales?

I can't speak for the op, but a custom scale would allow one to program a specific harmony for a melody where the harmony jumps out of a key (accidental notes), in the case where one might want a harmony of a third for the majority of scale steps but a forth for the tonic, or a case of a melodic minor scale in which ascending and descending intervals are different. I personally would prefer polyphonic pitch effects ala EHX POG, but custom scales would be a very nice touch.

• IMHO a simple pitch detune/shift/whammy would mean a world of difference to a lot of people, and almost certainly bump up the sales figures of the KPA significantly. Just sayin' ;)

• I agree with Deny. Seen the popularity of such kind of FX, and how people love not to have to carry tumany boxes&cables with them, I can see how such implementation would boost sells.

Of course the argument "the KPA is a tone generator, not a multi-fx unit" makes no sense, since it was born with several fx implemented.
    So asking oneself how come that such basic fx are missing (not necessarily talking about the custom scales here) sounds legitimate, from a customer's perspective. Could it be a matter of processor power?

• Hi CK - I'm the OP and I would use custom scales exactly how Will explained.

"I can't speak for the op, but a custom scale would allow one to program a
    specific harmony for a melody where the harmony jumps out of a key
    (accidental notes), in the case where one might want a harmony of a
    third for the majority of scale steps but a forth for the tonic, or a
    case of a melodic minor scale in which ascending and descending
    intervals are different"

I have an Eventide H8000 and it has Custom scales of course,however, who wants to lug a rack around if it were already in the Kemper.

I see your Kemper as a VERY PORTABLE all in one solution, it's that good (thanks to you)

I intend to purchase an integrated stereo amp for the Kemper so I can use it into a guitar cab when I'm NOT using an FRFR system (RCF322a or Mackie SRM450) With that said based on what's onboard already in the Kemper having custom scales would make it a total all in one solution for ANYguitarist. If getting this option costs money I'm prepared to pay and don't expect it for free.

• different scales for ascending and descending scales????? ?(
    I know that in classical harmony the melodic minor scale behaves like this, but don´t you think this is a bit too special for a guitar FX?
    I´m sorry, but I cannot think of one musical situation where such a scale harmoy treatment is needed....

• IMHO a simple pitch detune/shift/whammy would mean a world of difference to a lot of people, and almost certainly bump up the sales figures of the KPA significantly. Just sayin' ;)

+1, high quality detune/shift/whammy would be great