Custom Scales Pitch Shifter Needed

• different scales for ascending and descending scales????? ?(
    I know that in classical harmony the melodic minor scale behaves like this, but don´t you think this is a bit too special for a guitar FX?
    I´m sorry, but I cannot think of one musical situation where such a scale harmoy treatment is needed....

Agreed, the only time I ever recall using this was in my violin scale practice. And even if the right musical situation were to present itself, I don't think this would be a good use of programming hours given that the player could always use footswitches to toggle the up/down scales.

• the melodic minor scale behaves like this, but don´t you think this is a bit too special for a guitar FX?

Agree with you....I'd even forgot that one, never ever used once since the time I was learning harmony...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Geese, I was just hoping for a spring reverb :D

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Please make it easy, a good and organic sounding pitch/harmony effect would be
    a very nice upgrade to this unit and i think it will please most of the owners of the KPA,
    a TC Electronic ''standard'' would have been very nice, at least for me!

Alot of Axefx users dont use the ampsims in this unit, just the effects, so
    i dont see this as a full ''stand-alone'' unit either, and think you always have to look at different brands
    to achieve your goal soundwice :)

• Please make it easy, a good and organic sounding pitch/harmony effect would be
    a very nice upgrade to this unit and i think it will please most of the owners of the KPA,
    a TC Electronic ''standard'' would have been very nice, at least for me!

Alot of Axefx users dont use the ampsims in this unit, just the effects, so
    i dont see this as a full ''stand-alone'' unit either, and think you always have to look at different brands
    to achieve your goal soundwice :)

8o
    ....you mean there are Axe Fx user that use the KPA for effects only? It cannot be... ?(

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• ... Now this is hilarious :D

Neal Schon, Steve Vai and many other guitarist's use their tubeamp for the tone and the Axe Fx for the effects only,
    maybe you think they are hilarious, but when it comes to organic tone, they do not compromise and i understand them very well
    because neither the Axe Fx or the KPA can produce that wonderful organic tone that is coming from an good tube amp, no way hose'!

I think the KPA does this best and these units are excellent for studio use, but there is nothing that beats playing on a real tube amp,
    not at the moment (imo) anyway, and i'm not selling my amps over any of these units, not today, not tomorrow, not in the near future,
    but i will definitely keep my KPA! :thumbup:

• Man, I was just joking on the possible double meaning of your post... ;)
    BTW, I friendly disagree, but is just me, my needs and my taste. To each his one, just enjoy making music. :thumbup:

• Don't get me wrong, i love my KPA too and i'm looking forward to new
    updates and new effects for this unit, including a pitch shifter as many has requested,
    and i think CK is very much listening, and i hope it is just around the corner! ;)

• ETS, what I found hilarious was that you clearly meant that people used the Axe for fx only, and Davide made a joke about that, by rephrasing that you meant they were instead using the KPA for that purpose. :rolleyes: :D

Everything is well :)

• Bumping this request as it's a VERY important one.

The competition have it so the KPA should also have it.

For those who haven't used this effect once you do you'll appreciate how powerful it can be.

Eventide made a company from it.

• Well...........don't know if this thing can be of help, but the developers team can start in steps. guess the first would be the simple pitchshifter with octave going up and down. after that the team would aim higher.

Though I really need the whammy fx, even just for simple octave pitch shifting, I stand with Christoph: i can sense a touch of irony in replying.

I don't think we should or even can compare what the kemper does with other machine.

If I could compare I would say there is no eventide machine, even the most expensive one, that has the incredible distortion that the KPA has!

so every machine has its things and lack of others. but that's not a discrediting thing I guess.

Take for example the famous Bogner Ecstacy. it cost 4500 euros......and it doesn't have an fx!

as for the harmonizer in the KPA, I heard in the forum in past threads that it is a huge amount of calculation that the KPA processor has to make. so it is no way a thing to be made in some hours.

I think the team will arrive there..........

we will need a little more patience on this......and in the meantime there is so much to discover in our guitars that is still undiscovered to make us forget about any whammy things

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• there is no eventide machine, even the most expensive one, that has the incredible distortion that the KPA has!

Hahaha!!!!
    Michaelmellner, I like this!!!! :thumbup: You are right in every aspect!
    This is the truth!
    The Kemper is not for the effect maniacs!
    It was built for pure, natural, best guitar tone lovers!
    I was from the first ones who asked about harmonist. After a few months I have tryed to use my Kemper with an Eventide Ultra and sometimes with my G-Force, but it was too complicate to care them with me. After this I was purchased a Digitech Harmonyman, which was much smaller and enough intelligent and good sounding, but now I have realised that in last two monts I don,t use and bring with me any of them.
    I like the pure tone of the KPA with the magnificient (but of course very limited) internal effects better and better, day by day.
    I don,t need anymore a full rack of effects to bring with me to every concert. I,ve realised that it was the time to growing up for me!
    ..............but after all it would be great to have my perfect sounding KPA an intelligent pitch shifter included, because I,ve trusth in Kempers effects sound quality! :thumbup:

• The Kemper is definitely made for those that want the best possible amp sounds. It's strength wasn't intended to be the be-all end-all of effects. With that said, it's not like pitch effects are something reserved for Axe-fx. To me, this should have been a priority over all that bit reducer stuff. Line 6 Pod and all of the $300-$500 floor modelers have had pitch effects for years. My Vox tonelab SE (the oldest big blue two pedal version) that I bought about 8 years ago had pitch effects. It's not like basic pitch effects are some sort of new high end feature only found on the most expensive and uncompromising effect processors, like the Axe fx. Sure, the quality of an Axe fx, Tc electronic, or Eventide pitch effect is much higher quality than the cheap stuff, but even the cheap stuff has useable, albeit lower quality, versions built in, and have so for years.

The whole reason that Kemper includes all the effects that it does and came with an advertised performance function (that still hasn't been developed over a year later) is because it is intended to be an all-in-one solution, live or in the studio. Any modern studio owner or even home recording enthusiast that buys the Kemper to solve their guitar recording needs, already has gobs of effects in their DAW's, and most of them probably bypass the Kemper's effects and use their DAW effects while mixing. They could have just released a preamp version of KPA that did nothing but profile amps, allowing guitarists to use this product with rack gear or stomps. However, they built and marketed it as an all in one solution, (and included the most of the effects a guitarist needs which studio owners already possess) so it's only fitting that a $2000 all in one solution come with basic effects found in almost every all in one solution over $300 for the past decade.

Thus Kemper probably does take these requests seriously. I, for one, almost didn't buy the Kemper because of its lack of pitch effects and a dedicated controller. I actually began looking at the Axe fx. I also questioned the reliability of a company that sold a product with a feature, supposedly soon to be released, (performance mode) and still hasn't released it an entire year later. I imagine that their are tons of guitarists like me, just dying to get this awesome product, but unwilling to take the leap because of a lack of basic functions.

Kemper better get its act together, as competition probably isn't far off. I'm sure in a few years there will be several companies offering products that do what the Kemper does, but have their junk together and have a friggen control pedal and basic pitch effects released at the same time. I mean, an entire year and what do they release at Namm? A mono solid state power amp? -That costs an additional $700? Really? No performance mode? No friggen foot controller? No pitch effects?

• Kemper better get its act together, as competition probably isn't far off. I'm sure in a few years there will be several companies offering products that do what the Kemper does, but have their junk together and have a friggen control pedal and basic pitch effects released at the same time. I mean, an entire year and what do they release at Namm? A mono solid state power amp? -That costs an additional $700? Really? No performance mode? No friggen foot controller? No pitch effects?

I thought this too, however Kemper has filed a patent on the profiling process. So any company offering any kind of similar tech has to go about it in a pretty different fashion or would likely be sent a cease and desist and/or sued. In other words, the Kemper will likely be the only profiler for quite some time. I imagine we're more likely to see something like the Axe tone match in competitors floorboards before any type of profiling. I don't care at all about a dedicated control pedal, the FCB1010 does everything I could ever want other than having dedicated LCDs for every switch (and the KPA controller won't have that either). But pitch shifting/bending effects (especially polyphonic) would be very, very, very welcome.