TheAmpFactory ROCKPACK!

• Ho Ho Ho (santa impression)

Greetings, Finally after a lot of work and fafing around with studio gear I bring you the latest ROCKPACK!

Firstly, please read this.

This pack is not about amount of amps or even why they are in the pack, this is a little irrelevant, and here is why.

When artists go to studios, and what you hear is not normally the direct amp, (in some cases) - its most likely been put through a very good recording chain first, such as EQ, good Mic pre's and Compressers etc.

So my aim for this is to bring the Rock records of Yesteryear through to Modern, but in a true studio environment, and then Profile it!

So what do you mean I hear you ask, well.

Instead of Amp, Mic pre, desk, Kemper. this time my chain was more like.

Amp, Mic pre, Tube EQ, Tube Comp, Tape machine, Desk, EQ > Kemper
    Everything was mixed in the middle

The Equipment I use is a Massive Passive EQ, API 2500 Comp (amazing for guitar) - Struder Tape machine, SSL desk, Neve + API Mic pre's and my normal selection of Mics, this all together created a rather unique tone, and some amps were just there to supply a starting point. - but what happened after that is a different story.

A lot of the gain is from the EQ's tube gain, or Pushing the comp's volume into the EQ for a saturated tone. - and all this creates a wonderful element of musical guitar sounds. - and I hope you agree.

Here is a example of what Im talking about.. (dont hurt me, I did it quick) - Cheesy Rock! - BUT TURN IT UP LOUD for best effect! - every-sound here is from this pack..no mixing, pure profile to DAW.

SOUNDCLOUD LINK
    (NOTE) Soundcloud makes it all sound crap, but nevermind, you get the idea.

Still a 25% discount. as I promised it would be.

So here it is.

THEAMPFACTORY

use code: rockpack

All the best - and a MERRY New YEAR to one and all.
    ENJOY
    Andy

• Sure, as I said the amps dont matter so much in this pack to what they normally would.

But the amps I mainly used for (a good reason) are:

Marshall Bluesbreaker (Full amp coming soon)
    Marshall JCM800
    Peavey Valveking (Full amp coming soon)
    Solando SLO
    TwoRock Gainmaster
    HiWatt 100C
    Orange ADC30
    Vox AC30
    Messa LoneStar (Full amp coming soon)
    Selmer 50
    Mesa DuelRec

Think that was it..but dont get too excited by that list. - some of the amps have had its chr changed quite a lot. and were only to be used for variety in base tone.

• Now this is interesting. You're saying you profiled a chain that included compression and a Studer in the signal path? I could almost imagine the API confusing the dynamic range calculations of the profiling process (unless you were using it strictly as a saturation booster.) And the Studer must have introduced some head-gap delay, did it not? (I actually bet you -could- get away with that one!)

-djh

• hi andy,

I tried to download the new bundle but I got the message "invalid discount code".
    what I' m doing wrong?

greetz
    peter

Just a thought.... If you copied and pasted the code form the web page, try typing it in manually. I have that issue sometimes...the HTML and being bolded may cause an issue YMMV

• Just a thought.... If you copied and pasted the code form the web page, try typing it in manually. I have that issue sometimes...the HTML and being bolded may cause an issue YMMV

Also make sure you are logged in first too, and yeah maybe the bold code has an effect on the copy/paste thing too.

• Hi Andy,
    Are these profiles good for live use or are the only best for recording purposes?
    Just wondering because of the way they were made.
    Thanks

You can use them live too, same with any profile, just will need tweaking a bit is all, same with anything I guess. - ive not tried these live and loud yet, just in studio, but im off out tomorrow night, and plan on using some there, so will let you know :)

• just got em my friend, what a great set

does just what it says on the tin, and a lot get really interesting with a bit of gain wound back as well

a really successful set of sonic engineering, which as you say, is what the pros do in the studio to get to their final sound, so brilliant, and the new year hasn't even arrived yet

keep exploring, just shows how much can be achieved with the green meanie

whats next!?!?!?

(lazy J maybe!!!!)

• Is that the infamous Treble 'n' Bass 50? And if so, will you do the full amp at some point in the future?

Yeah it is!. and yes in my next full Budnle pack #4, going to do the Lazy J project first, with Jessee (the owner)

Wow! that's a really great pack! Thank you! The Flubby 800 is huge! :))) what fuzz did you use?

No fuzz, just lots of mixed saturation from the TUBE EQ/API :)