Axe FX 10.0 to feature "multi-point iterative matching technology" (ie profiling)

• "tone matching is the same thing as profiling, but we still need to add something else that will instead be the same thing as profiling"

• "tone matching is the same thing as profiling, but we still need to add something else that will instead be the same thing as profiling"

Ha!

Actually, it looks like this is just an update to the amp modeling. Very confusing, so many Axe users have claimed how real it feels/sounds and yet Cliff is never ending in his refining. I guess it proves the old adage there's always room for improvement! His efforts are certainly admirable though...

• agreed. in fact it seems to me if folks want an all-in-one amp/fx box, the axe is the way to go. that is it's reason for existing, after all. i prefer that the kemper continue to focus on the amp part first...

• Cliff is truly amazing! He is extremely competitive, and I doubt any company will dethrone the Axe-II as the "all in one box".

I just got a Kemper a couple days ago & I'm loving the Evil Robot profiles I got from the Amp Factory!

I'm still a total KPA virgin, but I can tell it's a cool unit.

My Axe II is totally amazing though. I have a blast with that thing, and you can literally do anything with it!

Great times for guitar gear!!!

• I love that Evil Robot profile as well. One of my favorite higher gain tones is the Evil Robot w/ Klon profile. Don't be afraid to dig deep though. While many profiles do sound very good at defaulted settings, you can really twist them through the amp and cab parameters.

• Even though the Axe fx 2 can't do any profiling, only the traditional eq tone match, it's a very versatile box that I can get some great fx sounds from. Competition is always good.

It would be a smart move if Cliff put some % of his work energy into his business ethics, which was a record bad for 2012 in many of his aggressive posts that damage fractals reputation. I hope he's made a new year resolution for 2013 to include a CEO behaviour control limiter + ethics booster in a new firmware update! 8o

• Cliff is never ending in his refining. I guess it proves the old adage there's always room for improvement! His efforts are certainly admirable though...

LOL I remember having been bashed on that forum because at FW 5.0 I dared to write it would still get better.
    That was the moment I realized that gear and religion must be kept carefully apart from each other :D

• very soon , Kemper users asking for Kemper rack version will be finally happy .

the new name of Kemper rack version will be : axe fx VI 8)

marketing strategy :
    in a manner to have the biggest possible part of the market , Kemper called axe fx VI will have fantastic and competitive price as well .
    instead to be about $1.500 more expensive than poor vintage Kemper unit , it will be only $1.000 (US dollars ) more expensive .
    on that way each new customer will save about $500 per unit .

Kemper Marketing Department announced today that such a great marketing movement will attract lots of the new customers in a future ;)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 3 times, last by Rescator ().

• Yeah! Without the KPA appearance AXE users would never enjoyed half of those interesting improvements for sure. The KPA vs AFX battle is really a good thing for all guitarists!

And the AxeFX has to be up to 200% real now. When I checked a year ago it was already up to 120%.

• I love my Kemper, but I'm still intrigued by the AXE II. I think it will be my big purchase for 2013. Can't go wrong with having both horses in the race. If I don't like it I can always return it anyway.
    On a side note, Cliff really reminds me of Bill Bellichek. He is eccentric, smug, above the rules, and doesn't like to give his competition any credit. Then I found out later he actually is a huge fan of the New England Patriots. Perfect fit.
    Great product though!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• Cliff really reminds me of Bill Bellichek. He is eccentric, smug, above the rules, and doesn't like to give his competition any credit.

Cliff's comments are usually inspired by his pride being hurt.
    I understand and sometimes agree with some of his comments, especially the one about Axe-FX owners being "whiners"...he got that one correct.
    I even agreed with him when he nuked the Kemper thread on the Fractal Forum about a year ago, when a Kemper owner posted soundclips on the Fractal Forum.

I re-act the same way to guitarists as Cliff does when they say something negative about Tokai guitars and my pride is hurt.

But, I'll never openly insult Gibson on an internet guitar forum, that's the difference.

• I re-act the same way to guitarists as Cliff does when they say something negative about Tokai guitars and my pride is hurt.

But, I'll never openly insult Gibson on an internet guitar forum, that's the difference.

Wow, so you're the builder from Tokai Guitars? That's extremely cool, your guitars are kinda legendary aren't they? :)