qsc k12

• Yes, I have tried it, but I now use 2 QSC K8 with it at home (it´s my P.A. System with the KWA 181 Subs) - small, powerful, good bass response, best speakers I´ve ever had in my life! If you use it as a monitor: you will be pleased with the K10 as well, it´s a little bit smaller but has the same power amp built in.
    Try sme on your own, I´m very satisfied.
    Best regards!

• Too big, too heavy... I like the size of 8" speakers...and the 10" are too middy, so the best choice for me were the 8" with subs or the 12" stand alone.
    I chose 8" with subs for my best speaker system for little live gigs (weddings,...)
    Best regards!

• I'm using it with a K10 but don't think it's the best speaker for guitar applications, it has too much high end and too much low end (although you can tame the bass by selecting the "ext sub" switch), and the mids are lacking somewhat IMHO. Also its DSP introduces yet another 2ms which is added up to the KPA latency, if that bothers you look somewhere else. RCF just replied to my question today stating that their 7 series has around 0.2ms of latency, much better than the QSC K series, and from what I've heard the RCF sounds better too. Still waiting for the reply from Alto about the latency on their TS110A speaker.

• hi,

I use a K12 (only one at the moment) but I am not a good reference because I dont have experience with other gear. I'm happy with it (for price, loudness, weight, design,sound now also)
    But let me say one thing: If you use the EQs of KPA ( especially studio and graphical) u get so a huge differences in sound u must not care which frfr you use. (its not so important than EQ, ofc there are difference )
    (Many user with K12 have problems with sharpness ->reduce 2.5k Hz) Get Information about how to EQ and you will a made man...

I use it also for bass

• just a little reduce of bass (in output setting eq)

do you have probs with sound? if you are new .... set input correct, tell us which guitar you use (which pickups), how the LED on KPA look like,
    and yes if you use profile you have to adapt it in way to fit to your guitar .... I also have to start with this

• K10 here .
    ....fantastic speaker if you play just a( hair )bit with Monitor EQ on KPA , and with internal QSC settings .

EQ rules , btw....

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• K10 here .
    ....fantastic speaker if you play just a( hair )bit with Monitor EQ on KPA , and with internal QSC settings .

EQ rules , btw....

I also have a pair of QSC K10, could you give some hints about your EQ and internal settings? :)

Pierre

• avec plesure ...Pour Monsieur Pierre and for Mr. Sixoid :
    on the back of QSC you will find :
    LF....................... HF
    ext sub ..............vocal
    normal ..............boost
    deep ...................flat

Obviously this is some kind of simplified EQ ,and there is a secret of QSC sound .
    Try few combinations (without changing nothing on KPA) and you will get to the point .
    I am using
    normal (low frequency) and flat (High Frequency )
    on KPA main out EQ
    bass(-0.1) up to (-0.3 )
    mid 0 up + 0.3
    treble( -0.1) up to (-0.0 )
    presence 0

all that depending on guitar I am playing

If you are playing mostly metal , I suggest boost (lots of middles there) and normal
    (or play on QSC normal/flat and add more middle on KPA )
    (or for some metal riffs , do the opposite - decrease middle , and add bass and treble , weird...)
    If you are playing mostly cleans ,I suggest Vocal and normal
    the most extreme combination is deep/boost or deep/vocal

But , if you play gigs via PA , I suggest normal and flat for everything .

More , my main volume on KPA is about 50 , and volume on QSC is on 40 (if the scale is 1-100)

For any other substantially different settings (say both volumes near 90 !) , I will probably have to change main EQ on KPA , or even rig parameters them selves .

So , it is simple , since there is only few parameters , but you need to tweak and listen a little bit to match your liking .

On the end , try to change only ONE parameter per time and per device .

In my first days with QSC's ,it sounds flat, dry and artificial , simply -shit sound .
    Now, my all rigs are matched to my QSC's and sound alive , natural and organic -better than amp/Mesa 2x12 cab....
    Especially the last Vintage and 31 pack from Andy ....
    My Son is playing Petrucci, Metalica, Syphony X , Pablo Gilberto etc...amazing QSC's sounds !!!!

So I totaly disagree this is not for guitar , but YES , these QSC's are for guitar,simple - very good shit !
    Just add middle a bit according to rig and guitar...
    or rock through QSC's boost and do not look back ! 8o

Hope it helps .... 8)

Edited 8 times, last by Rescator ().

• Hey thanks Rescator! I will work on it! I also found that a small mid boost was good and less bass too but I will try to play on back panel K10 settings combinations a little deeper! :thumbup:

Pierre

• You are welcome .
    and yes , only small change in KPA EQ output makes difference
    very responsive toys :D
    ps
    not to confuse you , but there is one more thing- cab EQ !!!
    just a touch of Low (say + 0.2 ) in KPA cab EQ , you are there - in the middle of the Middle tones heaven, without changing QSC or main out settings ...

• thanks man :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: