Kemper Travel Bag Tip

• You don't understand shopping for the best price? I paid less than $1,600 for my KPA (which was still about 3x the amount I've every spent on a single piece of music gear). I will always seek out the best deal I can find for anything and everything. Feel free to spend your money the way you see fit.

BTW - I went with the Dolica GS-350 which is a perfect fit for the Kemper, padded (intended to carry camera gear), and I got it for $69.99 on eBay.

[Blocked Image: http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s561/william_chen2/20130210_114933_zps3966327c.jpg]

Of course I understand shopping for the best price but if you order the Kemper bag when you order the Kemper unit you can usually talk the price down on the bag if you try jut a little bit. It just seems like an awful lot of time is invested to to save just a few bucks. And then you have to install extra padding or whatever to make that purchase work with the Kemper. Does not seem worth all of the effort. But it's all good. Everybody can do whatever makes them happy. :)

• Of course I understand shopping for the best price but if you order the Kemper bag when you order the Kemper unit you can usually talk the price down on the bag if you try jut a little bit. It just seems like an awful lot of time is invested to to save just a few bucks. And then you have to install extra padding or whatever to make that purchase work with the Kemper. Does not seem worth all of the effort. But it's all good. Everybody can do whatever makes them happy. :)

I made no mods to my bag, the padding you see came with it (actually has extra to spare). And when I got my KPA the branded bag was not in stock at the retailer offering me the best price. My bag has additional straps to firmly secure a guitar and/or mic stand to the front, does the KPA bag? My shoulder straps hooks are reinforced with a velcro safety strap, is that offered on the KPA bag? My bag has extra flaps which cover all zippers to limit the chance for water to seep in during bad water transports. Does the KPA bag have that?

Again, feel free to spend your money (and time) the way you see fit.

• I made no mods to my bag, the padding you see came with it (actually has extra to spare). And when I got my KPA the branded bag was not in stock at the retailer offering me the best price. My bag has additional straps to firmly secure a guitar and/or mic stand to the front, does the KPA bag? My shoulder straps hooks are reinforced with a velcro safety strap, is that offered on the KPA bag? My bag has extra flaps which cover all zippers to limit the chance for water to seep in during bad water transports. Does the KPA bag have that?

Again, feel free to spend your money (and time) the way you see fit.

You feel free to do the same! :) I was not trying to slam anybody for this.

I am not too worried about transporting my Kemper in the rain. I don't play in the rain. I don't need heavy duty safety straps as the KPA only weighs in at 11 pounds. etc................

• I am not trying to be a jerk but I don't understand all the folks who pay what they pay for a KPA ($1700 +) and then freak out on paying $124 (or less)for the bag.
    It's a pretty small price in the big picture and it fits PERFECT...

You feel free to do the same! :) I was not trying to slam anybody for this.

I am not too worried about transporting my Kemper in the rain. I don't play in the rain. I don't need heavy duty safety straps as the KPA only weighs in at 11 pounds. etc................

You've never to transport your gear through the rain to a club? Lucky you. And I've had guitar straps fail, so any extra insurance for a ~$1500 device is welcome, especially when its sold at a discount to an official product.

• I keep seeing threads for makeshift alternatives to the kemper bag. Whats wrong with the KPA bag??

I bought the official Kemper bag, yeah a bit pricey but it has ample padding.

However, it has a horrible odor, like fire retardant, or heavy duty Moth Balls. It was brand new sealed in plastic, and in a box from Kemper to my retailer so, it was not suspect. I was asked to take it out of the control room because the odor was so prevalent. I called the retailer, they offered to exchange but mentioned several other customers had complained, including employees so I have kept it and after leaving coffee beans in an open container inside for a week or more, the Oder is vastly reduced.

• Hi all, I just found this Stanley bag in "Leroy Merlin" (a french tool store).......I love it as:

1) it's possible to keep a decent amount of padding and foam around the kemper
    2) it's very lightweight and comfortable to carry around
    3) weatherproof (not 100%, but decent enough to stand some rain with no umbrella and no worries, already did a test)
    4) you can put the kemper with the pots facing a bag side, and this will leave you some spare space for cables, pedals
    5) is it possible to put the kemper facing up for added protection when travelling....see pics
    6) there is a large zip pocket on top (same dimensions of the top), I put my cables and live stuff there

5 was the feature that sold me, I was searching for something like that for extra pots protection when travelling.......ah......and the bag it's only about 30 euros :thumbup: ....as someone already said, I don't see a reason to spend 80-90 euros for a bag (unless it's a magic bag that will improve my playing and sound :D )

Only con I found to date is that sometimes I miss an handle on top, but will put a second (very short) strap soon tied to the side belt loops....

Some pics for you
    [Blocked Image: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4710/img20130315114723custom.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4503/img20130315114949custom.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1153/img20130315115051custom.jpg]

https://www.netherfall.com Looking for European and USA tour dates - worldwide festival / opening slot with international rock/metal acts - if you run or know a well established booking agency PM me!

Edited once, last by fantasyl ().

• Yes, AFAIK, but mine is the 16" model, I just measured it and it's 16" long (41.5cm), not 51.5 (20" inch long), as the one on the website....

https://www.netherfall.com Looking for European and USA tour dates - worldwide festival / opening slot with international rock/metal acts - if you run or know a well established booking agency PM me!

Edited once, last by fantasyl ().

• ah thats great thanks. I was just guessing at the 20" model because i though the kemper was about the same width as a rack. These are really easy to source over here so i will be sure to check one out. Thanks for the heads up

• the kemper it's a tight fit, especially on the side and when put with pots facing up, but also in this position there is some space left for padding....

• Cool thanks. Well my dad is a builder so he is pretty familiar with these kinda brands. Im gonna shoot to the hardware store and try some out. The Stanley looks good but it would be nice if i can grab one with a handle :)