Please recommend the best direct DI low to medium gain profiles...

• After spending a ton of time searching through threads and profiles, I've come up with very little...

I'm dying to get some great DI Marshalls, Voxs & Fenders.

I'm planning on using these direct to power amp > cabinet for use live in my cover band (country, blues, southern rock, classic rock, hard rock). Hoping for lots of punch...equal to a real amp/cabinet.

Anyone else have any luck/recommendations?

• May I suggest you just experiment, I considered myself a fender twin guy with a eye for the occasional Jcm 800, but none of these profiled amps have ended up in my current faves.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• You don't really need DI -profiles for that. Just use monitor out with cabs off and firmware 1.10 or newer. Works very well at least with Matrix GT800FX or other neutral poweramp. I have 2X12 cab with EVM12L speakers that works with many different profiles, but don't expect Fender profile to sound correct thru V30 cab etc.

• You don't really need DI -profiles for that. Just use monitor out with cabs off and firmware 1.10 or newer. Works very well at least with Matrix GT800FX or other neutral poweramp. I have 2X12 cab with EVM12L speakers that works with many different profiles, but don't expect Fender profile to sound correct thru V30 cab etc.

Don't want to divert from the OP question but can you use your EVM12L with the cab sim on?

• I don't want to get into a discussion as to "why"...but I'd prefer to use direct profiles vs. an amp profile with the cab disabled.

To me, the "punch" isn't as pronounced as a real amp and the speaker still colors the tone.

I'm simply looking for suggestions from users who are also going KPA>Tube Poweramp>Speakers for real amp-in-room tone/feel. Especially in live situations.

Thank you for the replies, but none have answered the original question.... :S

• Don't want to divert from the OP question but can you use your EVM12L with the cab sim on?

I don't like EVM's with cab sim on (too bassy and fuzzy), but of course you can try it. Never really tried to tune these speakers with cab sims anyway, just fast test...

Sorry for off topic.

• One of the few drawbacks of the KPA, in my opinion only of course , seems to be that a profiles success depends more on the playing technique, guitar, pickups, cab, speaker ect then most tube amps that seem to be a little more acommmadating to a broader variety of inputs and outputs.
    This makes most recommendations destined for disappointment.

I wouldn't be surprised if CK and many kemperphiles would dispute this but it has been my, and I suspect some others conclusion so far.

But that been said you may want to experiment with Mats Nermaks Two rock profiles, they works wonders with my 2 x 12 cab/g12 EHX magnum 44 with the cab disabled ;)

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• a profiles success depends more on the playing technique, guitar, pickups, cab, speaker

...only if you touch nothing on the profile, if you start tweaking you can get wherever you want. I still have to find a profile that I couldn't tweak to sound good for me, the only thing is that the huge availability of exceptional ones makes me drop the others because is not worth the time spent in tweaking.....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• ...only if you touch nothing on the profile, if you start tweaking you can get wherever you want. I still have to find a profile that I couldn't tweak to sound good for me, the only thing is that the huge availability of exceptional ones makes me drop the others because is not worth the time spent in tweaking.....

Exactly my sentiments....

• Exactly my sentiments....

Yes I agree you guys too,tweaking will give you good usable profiles, but not the WOW profiles, for this the planets must align in your favour.

Just my 2 cents. ;)