Tell me I need this!

• Hello all! I am getting very close to pulling the trigger on buying a Kemper, and would like to hear that I will be very happy and not outlive the awesomeness of this unit. I have no desire to buy any other device, i.e. Axe Fx or other modeler. I have been playing for 20 years and only had one amp that was a tube based amp and loved it (Blackstar) , but had to sell it. Now I have a great job and an opportunity to buy myself a serious piece of gear and this is what I have my ears set on. Will I ever tire of it like the other endless gadgets I have bought that were supposed to be incredible?

• I'm getting a level of realistic tones out of the Kemper which I've not experienced in another modeler. And here's a partial list of what I've owned: Line 6 POD HD500, Digitech GSP1101 (and some form of all of their generations of products going back to the RP1), Zoom G3, Amplitube, Revalver, Peavey Vypyr, Vox Valvtronix, Fender Cyber Deluxe, Johnson J-Station, various Tech 21 gear, etc.

All that said, forever is a long time...

• Yes, the KPA is a really mind blowing digital box! But I'm sure you're already aware of the "amp in the room" syndrome? For a tube amp and cab user for a long time It is sometimes difficult to get used to FRFR monitoring and it is why you can put a solid state amp in the back cavity of the KPA and use your favorite guitar cab for hundreds of wonderfull amps totally "in the room". Either ways you can't go wrong, it's a question of personnal taste and feel.

I sold all my tube amps! :D

• The Kemper is great, but it's not the same as having the amp in the room, it's the sound of the amp mic'd up and recorded or through a PA. You will still need to have either a decent speaker (or ideally set or studio monitors) or headphones in addition, so it's worth factoring that in to the price.

I love my Kemper and use it instead of my Mesa and Marshall 99% of the time. My primary (real world) amps are Laney, Mesa all tube amps and a Mashall SS. I still feel there's a way to go before the technology reaches that visceral level of feel and excitement, or the dynamic depth (the KPA feels compressed/limited to me) and immediacy of the real tube amp, but the sounds on record from the Kemper are great and allow me to have a taste of gear that I couldn't possibly afford otherwise and use that on my own tracks.

Edited once, last by Per ().

• Owned POD 2.0, POD XT Live, POD X3, GT10 - all the software emulations etc and it is all blown away by the Kemper. My tweaking days are over with - thats why I steered clear from the only "competitor". Instead I play more than ever before with my Kemper. You will get stuck on a wonderful profile for hours, easily. If I can afford another one I will own 2 of them. :)

• Well I've been Playing live just shy of 50years.( sucks to be old) And I've had many, many, what are now "vintageamps" And I cannot believe how close the KPA makes me feel like I still have them plus all the 100's of newer and boutique amps I could never afford to own :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I don't think you'll be sorry. By the way even though I'm old my band plays everything from Doors, Hendrix ,Van Halen, Tool , Toadies,and even Psycostick. Very convincingly I might add. SO go for it :thumbup:

• I have been blown away by the videos and soundclips and hearing from other serious musicians really sweetens the deal. Can't wait to get one and contribute to the forum. I would like to throw a pre- thank you to everyone that contributes their time to profile their amps. Can't wait to try them. Now is the time for me to get one because I moved for my job and the wife and kids won't be moving here until May so I will have plenty of quality time to spend with my new toy. :love:

• I used to be consumed by playing guitar in the early 90's up until my son was born. At that time, I quit playing guitar and my band, to focus on being a father. In the last few years, as time and money became more readily available, I tried to pick up guitar again. I tried different amps-Marshall, Fuchs, Bogner; and modelers-digitech GNX4, GSP1101, Eleven Rack, but it wasn't snapping me out of my 16 year cold streak. I thought I was finished playing and was prepared to focus solely on my other passion- weight-lifting.
    Well, I bought the Kemper on a whim after all of the great reviews and video clips. I plugged in and became instantly mesmorized with the power of this medium-sized box. It is so cool to be able to plug in and play an amp I have never heard of, and know exactly how it feels to play that amp. Well, I have discovered some amps I like quite alot. I never realized how good I could sound, and how that good feeling becomes positive reinforcement to play more. The possibilities with the huge number of profiles, switching cabinets and parameters, and 'deep tweaking' make the possibilities endless! Talk about a tonal palette!
    Anyways, I'm back to playing daily and dreaming about playing when I am at work! It's THAT good! 16 year cold streak be damned!
    Thanks, Kemper for awakening the guitarist in me!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• To the OP: I've recently gone through this discussion at gearsluts, and while there was very few I didn't know, I found it enlightening in terms of what I get you're after ;)

You know, a product's forum isn't exactly the right place to get unbiased opinions about it... :whistling:

• The Kemper is great, but it's not the same as having the amp in the room, it's the sound of the amp mic'd up and recorded or through a PA.

It's interesting.

I go to my buds studio (I'll link a Kemper clip recorded in his studio to this post) to watch him at work or record some stuff.
    He has a genuine sound proof room, 6m x4m where the drumkit is mic'd, where amps are setup and mic'd, vocals, piano, etc.
    So we set up the amp, find a sweet spot, mic it, and turn the volume up VERY loud.
    Now we return to the control room, obviously the amp is silent in the control room because this place is seriously built.
    Now we're listening to the mic'd amp through studio monitors in the control room...we turn the studio monitors up, it's pretty damn loud in there.
    We sit in the control room playing the guitar, not in the sound proof room.

After about 20/30 minutes I may go back into the sound proof room to adjust the mic, etc.
    What's interesting is, after hearing the mic'd amp through the studio monitors (with and without the mix) for the last 30 minutes suddenly the "amp in the sound proof room" sounds rather nasty, not so glorious.
    It's kind of too loud, too powerful, kind of harsh to the ears.
    Going back into the control and back to listening through the studio monitors is almost a relief, I think I prefer it to the "amp in room".

Thing is, I've never heard a digital device sound like the Kemper through studio monitors, more importantly, 'feel' like the Kemper through studio monitors.
    I think the "amp in the room" factor has been reduced in importance since the Kemper changed the game.
    Playing through studio monitors with the Kemper is a new game.

The studio clip using only stock Profiles.
    https://soundcloud.com/temper5…er-profiling-amp-foxglove

• I had read all the accolades, listened to a bunch of great recordings and watched all the videos on the Kemper. It wasn't until I bought the KPA that I understood what everyone was trying to explain in their glowing reviews. Do yourself a BIG favor and give it a try. You can always return it. But I seriously doubt that will happen.

• Kemper is the future IMO, the 'post-modeling' approach if you will. That no other company has yet come up with, only Kemper.
    Nothing comes close in realism soudwise and also playing/feel -wise.

Since the introduction of the cabdriver feature in firmware 1.5 the aforementioned 'amp in the room' syndrome is history.