Saffire Pro 40 and Kemper Profiling Amp

• I'm having severe difficulty getting my kemper to talk to my saffire pro 40 via spdif. . . I've tried the manuals and everything possible, changing clock source, sample rate, swapping cables, etc and I have not been able to get it to work. . . Could someone with a pro 40 help me get this working via spdif by giving me a walkthrough of how they set it up? It would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• Im using the Pro40 and Kemper over SPDIF no problems. Have you got the relevant inputs switched to SPDIF Left and Right in MixControl?

• Also press and hold Output on the Kemper and make sure the SpDif output is set to something other than off!

• I do have the appropriate settings going but unfortunately the software is not locking the pro 40 and the kemper together. . . I also made sure the spdif output in the kemper was on the correct setting. . . .

Could someone give me a step by step process of how they connect the kemper via spdif to the pro 40?

• Well if they are not locking make sure in MixControl the "sync source" is set to SpDif .. there is not much to setting it up. Just plug in the lead. You are using coaxial?

• I'm using a saffire pro 40 so I think something in my interface is a little different compared to the saffire 24. . . I have all those settings except the saffire doesn't wish to lock with the kemper.

Also, I checked the master settings with the spdif volume. . . it was cranked. Still no connection for some reason.

• Do you use dedicated S/PDIF cables? I had some issues trying to use S/PDIF with a 0815 audio stereo cinch cable - which didn't work, it worked with other gear though.
    Does it work when you selecet the internal S/PDIF source in MixControl? Mine works with both, only that I get crackles occasional when I use the internal sync.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Not sure if its the new Motu I got but I haven't been able to sync my Kemper's SPDIF with the Motu Audio Express firewire card as well.

Was using it with my last firewire card (m-audio fw410) just perfectly on the last firmware.

Therefore not sure what's causing this - I'm not too familiar with the Motu's software yet as well.

• I'm using a saffire pro 40 so I think something in my interface is a little different compared to the saffire 24. . . I have all those settings except the saffire doesn't wish to lock with the kemper.

Also, I checked the master settings with the spdif volume. . . it was cranked. Still no connection for some reason.

Saffire Pro40 here and SPDIF works perfectly.
    Make sure you let the Profiler and the Pro40 lock without a sequencer proggie running in the background.

• DonPeterson, Would you mind giving me a step by step tutorial on how you got yours working? I attempt to get mine to work always before running a sequencer proggie so I'm not sure whats up. . Also yes, I am using dedicated S/PDIF cables.

• DonPeterson, Would you mind giving me a step by step tutorial on how you got yours working? I attempt to get mine to work always before running a sequencer proggie so I'm not sure whats up. . Also yes, I am using dedicated S/PDIF cables.

nothing special to do really, but here it is:

Profiler SPDIF Out to Saffire SDPIF In

Profiler:
    - 'Master' Section' Page 1/5: SPDIF Output: Master Stereo
    - 'Master' Section' Page 5/5: SPDIF Volume to 0.0dB

Saffire Mix Console:
    - set channel 9 to 'Inputs -> SPDIF 1.1' and channel 10 to 'Inputs -> SPDIF 1.2'
    - click the stereo button in between channels 9 and 10
    - set Sync Source (below channels 15 and 16) to SPDIF

that's it :)

• I have the same problem with my Eleven Rack and am worried that either the 11R or the KPA are defective. Unfortunately I don't have any other gear that supports S/PDIF to draw a definitive conclusion. The Eleven Rack says the external digital clock is "invalid or none".