Saffire Pro 40 and Kemper Profiling Amp

• Thanks Don, I have a feeling I have a cable issue because the damn thing still didn't lock with the sync source. . . In the mean time I suppose I'll be swapping out cables until it works? Thanks for the help everyone!

• Hm, did you check to only use 1 S/PDIF channel first? Let's say only KPA Out to Focusrite In?
    Really weird problem... when I used S/PDIF the first time 2-3 months ago I plugged in the cables... didn't do ANYTHING at all and it was like "wtf, why does it already work?" :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• could be a faulty cable,
    did you try using another one?

just swapped the cable out and tried using multiple channels and it didn't work.

It's simply not connecting, whether it has to do with the cable, or focusrite software, I have no clue.

• I had a similar problem when I updated the KPA to FW1.6 (although I'm not convinced it was related). Mine is a Focusrite Scarlett (USB) 18i6 and the issue was that I wasn't seeing any S/PDIF signal being sent anymore from the KPA. And obviously it wouldn't lock either when seeing Sync Source to S/PDIF. It had been working fine for 6 months so I know the KPA settings are fine.

Anyway my fix was to complete uninstall the drivers and MixControl software (Windows 8 ), followed by deleting everything from Device Manager and the Program Files which I could find. Then reboot & re-install. Works like a charm now.

Edited once, last by proddy ().

• Hi,

I just tried for the first time to connect the KPA to my PRO 40, worked fine at the first attempt.
    This is how I did:

1) Connected a S/PDIF cable from KPA out to PRO 40 in.
    2) On the KPA, on the MASTER page 5, enabled the SPDIF out link.
    Didn't have to do anything more on the KPA...

3) In the PRO 40s Mix Control, I selected the input on ch3-ch4 the SPDIF 1.1/1.2, panned them L/R and clicked the stereo link.
    And there were sound!

No need to change sync on the PRO 40, I guess the KPA locks on to the SPDIF with the switch on the Master page.

HTH!
    Janne

• Janne,

SPDIF Out Link links the Master Volume knob on the front panel and the SPDIF volume. Nothing more.

Yes, there is a signal without a lock, but you do want to lock the interface to the Profiler.

good point about that, though.

spencerlogan, does the SPDIF not lock, or don't you get any signal at all?

• Hi Don,

Yup, I realized that later that the SPDIF didn't have anything to do with 'locking the communication', it worked fine without it selected.
    I changed the lock on the PRO 40 to SPDIF, but it didn't change a thing.

I guess that the KPA auto-locks to the SPDIF anyway.

• No lock and no signal at all. . . I do get signal if I connect it by using alternatives to the SPDIF connection though.

Hi Don,

Yup, I realized that later that the SPDIF didn't have anything to do with 'locking the communication', it worked fine without it selected.

Hasn't been the case with me.

• Hi Don,

if the interface and the Profiler aren't locked you might experience clicks once in a while.