Thoughts on a Matrix Q12a

• Guys i used to run a line 6 vetta head with a 4x12 line 6 can with vintage 12 speakers in. The Vetta died about 2 days after i purchased the Kemper so i was thrown in at the deep end do a gig with the Kemper. I had to borrow a monitor of a friend(wharfdale one) so i could hear my self play its not the best sounding monitor but its working OK.

My plans were to

1. Purchase a camplifier and run my 4x12 cab with it. this means waiting till mid feb!!!!!!

or

2. Purchase a Matrix Q12a powered 1x12 FRFR cab which i could get now

Anyone want to share their thoughts on this and what way they would go if they were in my shoes. Money wise it will cost me the same as id sell the 4x12 to part fund the Q12a which is around £700 and a camplifier is around £400. Any suggestions and the advantages/disadvantages of one to the other would be appreciated

Cheers

• I have two of the the Q12a little brother, the CFR12. I run them via a Matrix GT1500FXBD power amp and I love them to bits! By all accounts the Q12a has more low end and the built in power amp is a real bonus, I'm just gutted the Matrix never released their internal KPA power amp :(

If you have any specific Q's then let me know and I'll do my best to answer :)

Spence