Wishlist

• 8. Mix parameter for distortion pedals: in order to mimic some pedals which have that feature.

If we mimic such pedals, we would have a mix control. I have got close to zero responce for the mix parameter in the amp section (I must admit it is not documented in the manual). Parallel mix with distorted signals is not that sexy.

Hi!

Try mixing a TS808 and the clean signal in front of an amp. Sounds awesome for low to mid gain sounds bringing clean lows to the mid-boosted tone of the Tube Screamer. There is a TS808 based pedal called Sparkle Drive that does something like this.

• Please, tell us more :)

Here is the thread requesting a "direct mix" parameter.
    It was added in August.
    I pray CK never removes this, as it is one the most important parameters for my use!!!!!
    So, everyone, Please tell CK, you love the "direct mix" in the amp block :thumbup:
    and, yes, it is not in the manual :(

The ability to mix some clean signal with distorted sounds is priceless!!!!!
    This is the next best thing to having two profiles in parallel.

@ CK: WE LOVE THE DIRECT MIX :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• +1,000 It's a great feature! :thumbup:

• Set the Global Midi Channel to a specific number (not "omni") and there you go!
    What are the specific problems with the MFC?

I set the KPA to midi channel 1. The problem: After changing a preset with the MFC the KPA doesn't react to incoming CC for the delay for some seconds. I took a look at the MFC with MIDI-OX and saw PCs and bank change CCs 00 on every channel. I changed the MFC to send the PC to just one midi channel (#1). It's better now but sometimes (1 of 10 times) the problem is still there. All CCs are fine but not the spillover delay.

• I set the KPA to midi channel 1. The problem: After changing a preset with the MFC the KPA doesn't react to incoming CC for the delay for some seconds. I took a look at the MFC with MIDI-OX and saw PCs and bank change CCs 00 on every channel. I changed the MFC to send the PC to just one midi channel (#1). It's better now but sometimes (1 of 10 times) the problem is still there. All CCs are fine but not the spillover delay.

That sounds a bit chaotic. Is it sending one PC only now?
    The MFC seems a bit challenging.

• Some comments:

1. More dirt pedals: particularly variations on fuzz face and big muff with more tweakability so we can shave off some of the top or low end or tame the gain so they respond better to playing dynamics.

I am not a fan of taking over mediocre concepts from decades ago and trying to improve them afterwards.
    I recomment to use good profiles and improve them with equalizer presets in the STOMPS section. That is a more contemporary way.

To be honest I was a bit surprised when I realized some of the most sought after (and most expensive) pedals these days are fuzz boxes. Read a lot of reviews and since I don't swim in money decided to build myself a couple of those, chose the Skreddy Lunar Module and the Eric Johnson Fuzz Face (both reverse engineered by the good folks at a certain website). To my surprise, both these pedals sound very good, both allow for a more subtle fuzz effect that can be controlled by the guitar volume knob and also picking strength. Yes they're based on an old concept but IMHO are really worth a try if you have access to them, and I believe many KPA users would agree with me on this.

My MIDI pedalboard (Lexicon MPX-R1) does not allow me to send/not sent MIDI clock on a per-patch basis, it's either ON or OFF and the tempo LED is always blinking with the last tempo that was set. If I want to turn it off I have to bend over, insert a pick in a hole in order to access the configuration button, scroll through a half dozen parameters and turn MIDI clock off. Not an easy thing to do when I only need one or two songs in my set to follow tap tempo.

In order to be able to have a setlist with several songs but only a few responding to tap tempo, the "Tempo Enabled" option in the Rig menu would have to let me disable it even if MIDI clock was being received. In fact IMHO the default value for this option should be "OFF" even if the KPA sensed MIDI clock being received.

But even then for one song for instance I have a phaser and a delay in the rig, and I need the phaser to have a fixed modulation speed but the delay has to respond to tap tempo. If in addition to speed and delay time each effect had a dedicated "Tempo" parameter, that would be achievable. I then could set "Flanger Tempo" to "OFF", "Flanger Rate" to 2.0s, "Delay Tempo" to "1/1" and "Delay Time" would then be disabled and would just display the calculated delay time based on the MIDI Clock and "Delay Tempo" setting.

6. Speaker breakup parameter in the cabinet section: would mimic the behavior of speaker breakup, and my suggestion is that it can be set to 0.0-10.0 but still change dynamically so it depending on the setting it would increase depending on how hard one picks the strings.

We have the Speaker Breakup in the profiles, taken from the original speakers. Do you have the impression that it does not work dynamically?

Yes it does work dynamically, but it would be really nice if we could add more speaker breakup by tweaking a parameter. Say a certain amp was profiled at low volume and thus doesn't have much speaker breakup, then we could add a bit more speaker breakup in order to make it sound like it was profiled at a louder setting.

8. Mix parameter for distortion pedals: in order to mimic some pedals which have that feature.

If we mimic such pedals, we would have a mix control. I have got close to zero responce for the mix parameter in the amp section (I must admit it is not documented in the manual). Parallel mix with distorted signals is not that sexy.

I for one do appreciate the direct mix in the amp section, and would like to add that the Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive is nothing but a Tube Screamer type pedal with a direct blend control.

9. Variac parameter in the amp section: default at <0.0>, would turn the amp brighter and more aggressive if turned clockwise, and spongier and smoother when turned counterclockwise.

In difference to other companies, I am not a big fan of creating dozends of deep parameters, that mainly base on equalizers. That makes an amp complicated to handle. You can use a regular equalizer to achieve what you want.

The variac control is not just an EQ parameter, try playing with it in Guitar Rig 4 for instance (Overloud's TH2/3 also have it), it's one of the "hidden" or "under the hood" parameters and makes a very distinguishable (and pleasant) difference in tone. Lower voltages produce a "spongier" and smoother tone, while higher voltages produce a more immediate attack, more punch and brightness. Like raising both definition and sag in the KPA, only if you lower them you don't get more of the aforementioned "spongy" quality which is frankly why I like this parameter so much.

11. While I know a ducking delay is already in beta (and that's VERY appreciated)

How did you know? :)

Oh boy I didn't mean to cause anyone trouble, one of the beta testers let it slip somewhere a day or two before the release of 1.60. I won't point fingers though.

12. I'm aware that the ability to choose tonestacks is in the works, but while you're at it, I'd love that the tone controls would be made to sound a bit more "natural"; currently they sound a bit too "precise" to my ears if that makes any sense. In a tube amp there are leaks and interations of all kinds between tone controls so they're are far from being perfect, but I for one happen to like that.

We have lots of interaction between the controls. It's a generic passive tonestack.

Maybe I need to play more with these controls so I can be more specific, I'll get back to you on that later, even if it's with an apology ;)

• Christoph said it on TGP the 8th of December:

TGP

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• SPDIF slaving! Even if only at 44.1khz. Has to be be a very simple thing to implement and don't unders†and why it's nor already. Every SPDIF device I have ever had from consumer to professional has been able too.

Editor/Librarian. Something like the total integration for the Virus would be very welcome too.

• I'm allso using the lexicon mpxr1
    The midi clock is allways on
    If I don't want the delay to respond to the the clock I simply do not choose the tap delay
    For other effects ie the tremolo I don't have the option to choose a "nontap" version so the effect allways follow the clock
    Even if I turn the clock of and assign a switch to the tap parameter all the effects with a tap function will follow this tap tempo and I do not allways want that
    A switchable tap on/off or the same effect without the tap function (like we have with delay) would be the solution

• Also I would like some kind of Stereo Modeler (preferably post cab) which would control the pan and the width. I use a Bricasti M7 in the DAW for positioning but it would be nice if I could record with the Bricasti and pan and control width of stereo before going in the Bricasti.