Kemper Profiler FW 1.6.0

• I have the version 1.52 on my Kemper.

Like I have read in this forum somewhere, first I have updated it to version 1.54 succesfull, and after that I have tryied to update to 1.6 without any succes. It gets to 100% of the process and then says: "Update has failed. There was a problem reading update data." :(

After trying a few times to update to 1.6 I have returned to the version 1.52 which was succesfully installed and after that I was stopped the KPA and waiting a few minutes.
    Now after restarting the Kemper I was trying to update from version 1.52 to 1.6, and...what a surprise: it was working!!!.....but after the updating process my nice little Kemper won't start. :love:

I have stopped it again and after a few minutes I've tried to start it with booting from USB stick with the new firmware.........and like a wonder it was started and it,s working fine and sounding perfect now with the new software version and the new rigs too....Now I have 783 rigs on my KPA. :P :thumbup: :thumbup:

I,m happy that I have realised finally this update because it,s working like never before!!!....and what a sound!!! It,s much better sounding like before and the new rigs are a perfect examples what can You do now with this inegalable sound machine!!!!

Thanks Kemper team, and one more time I wish You a succesfully happy new year!!!!
    :P

• Remember that when upgrading its not a constant speed process, at certain points it will take a long time and nothing much will be happening on screen, it has not frozen! You must be prepared to wait, it will finish, the process can take 5 or 10 minutes of you have a lot of rigs, if you stop it mid way through you risk bricking your Kemper.

• The added effects really give you a nice range of possibilities. I've been playing with them all night.
    To those more experienced than me, does this FW update strongly close the gap between Kemper and the hated rival(who shall remain nameless)?

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• No problems installing 1.6.0 at all for me 8o the last 4 updates caused problem here with kemper shutting off during the update process and not able to regain power for 20 Mins but this time it was perfect

• 1.6 Does Not work for me. Will not install.

After the first attempt I reformatted my USB stick. Re-downloaded the upgrade. Tried again. Same thing. Not working. Doesn't seem to have corrupted anything.

The button on the top right says DSP Error. I pressed the button to try to see what the error was and the KPA stored a snapshot instead. So something is hosed.

I'm on 1.5.4

• "How many profiles?" you're going to ask. I don't know. Something that's so frequently asked and cited as a hazard is not too easy to track down. Shouldn't there just be a summary in the System menu somewhere? I must be missing something. Backed up my stuff. Looking in forums for the thread on "how to manage a bunch of presets". Can't find it.

Here we go:

prompt:Backups blewis$ tar tvf 2013-01-12\ 10-07-06.kpabackup | grep kipr | wc -l

Below the dreaded 1000 threshold! :)

• Try going back to 1.5.2. and then upgrading to 1.6.0
    Maybe worth a try.
    It worked for a few others with problems on the update... (It's more of a shot in the dark and it doesn't make sense to me, but maybe worth a try)