Kemper Profiler FW 1.6.0

• Updated from 1.5.2 with no issues. For me everything sounds like before, that is... very good :thumbup:

Deleting non-Favourites seem to be a nice feature. I just cut my profiles down to 50 from 700+.

• Continuing in my idiocy....

How do you DOWNGRADE the firmware? I've searched the FAQ, the reference manual, and the forums. I'm blind cause I can't find it.

When I stick my USB in with 1.5.2 (I'm on 1.5.4.) the KPA seems to just ignore the kaos.bin (since it's an older version I assume).

No buttons in the External Storage menu appear to allow me to force a downgrade. Nothing in the system menu offers anything. Backup/Restore is worded to indicate it will only reload Backup/ files.

How have your wizards learned the secret to downgrading?

(they will never let me beta test after this thread. :) )

• Put the Kaoss.bin file on the root of the USB, plug it in the KPA while OFF, boot the unit keeping < > pressed. It will load the FW from the USB directly and then you can try to upgrade. If it does not update, the next boot will be again with 1.5.4

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Put the KAOS.BIN in the root directory of the USB stick, then start the KPA while pressing <PAGE>.
    KPA will now boot from USB.

• FYI:

I was on 1.5.4. Upgrading to 1.6 did not work.

I was able to downgrade to 1.5.2 after some soul and internet searching. :)

. After that, I was able to upgrade to 1.6 (using the same downloaded 1.6 kaos.bin that had failed previously).

I found useful special operations for the Kemper here:

http://www.soundside.de/support/KPARecovery.htm

Everyone here has been very helpful and I appreciate your suggestions and solutions.

The only side effect I've seen (mentioned in another thread) in my "Last Imported" Rigs now contain my entire library (instead of my new AmpFactory profiles). The same number of profiles appear to be present.