Kemper Profiler FW 1.6.0

• Try going back to 1.5.2. and then upgrading to 1.6.0
    Maybe worth a try.
    It worked for a few others with problems on the update... (It's more of a shot in the dark and it doesn't make sense to me, but maybe worth a try)

I appreciate the suggestion, but I think I'm done jumping through hoops on this beta. Not trying to be snarky. I'll let the developers sort it out.

• I appreciate the suggestion, but I think I'm done jumping through hoops on this beta. Not trying to be snarky. I'll let the developers sort it out.

I understand the frustration. I sat out 1.52 and 1.54....they didn't seem to address any concerns I had at the time, and as I waited on the sidelines I observed too many issues to warrant the aggravation. The new 1.60 looks to be too juicy to ignore.

So, my update went VERY smoothly from 1.50 to 1.60 even though I still had over 1,400 rigs on the little beastie. I was hoping that I'd be able to use the update for it's house cleaning features, and it looks as though I will.

Bottom line, try reverting to 1.50....it was at 1.52 where Kemper started to be emphatic about the 1,000 rig upper limit. Just an uneducated thought........

• Question to everyone who has successfully installed the 1.6.0 FW : how long did the whole process take?

I am currently upgrading my KPA and after going through the many steps (including what appears to be one or two reboots), it has been stucked at the splash screen for the last 10-15 mins at least... I have somewhere around 600 rigs installed at the moment.

Smelling not so good?

• Upgrade from 1.5.4 -> 1.6.0 with 1081 rigs.
    No problem :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Very nice version this one.
    Ducking oh yeah :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Thanks Kemper Team for this incredible product that seems to get better and better all the time :) :) :)

• 1st post: Howdy everyone :)

My delay and reverb stopped working. Just updated to 1.6 and was toggling between profiles [worked fine for an hour], and loaded one and now Delay and Reverb are non-existent on every profile [?]

X and Mod work.

Turned it on/off twice.

Reload firmware?

• Report it to support and send them a copy of your backup. Something like this never happened before.... ?(

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• "Copy of my backup"? Export to my flashdrive? Whats that mean?

I just unplugged it and waited 5 mins [via wiKPA] and still nothing. Even profiles like "Use your V. Knob" are no delay/reverb :(

Going back to 1.52 and see what happens.

• Make a backup, copy it to your computer and mail it to [email protected], if you can take a picture of the error message

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Did you lock the effects maybe?

Oh.....wasn't familiar with that function. Wonder if I bumped it by accident?

I could turn the soft button on/off for delay/reverb and no sound change [mix and feedback cranked].

The button would light/go dark. Could I have locked both reverb and delay by accident? As I said, mod and X worked fine.

I initialized and started over [reinstalled everything via flash] and it works now. Using 1.52 till I see what's what. I need to use it in the am :/

Make a backup, copy it to your computer and mail it to [email protected], if you can take a picture of the error message

Sorry, total newb. Error message where? Nothing came up on the screen. Is this in the wiKPA?

• So many weird issues in this thread, I went from 1.54 to 1.60 without any problems, update was smooth and took less than 10 minutes - I have less than 500 rigs in my KPA.

• Being very non technical, i'm thinking it may be better for me to wait for the beta version to have the bugs worked out before going with the new update. What do you think?

• I just updated from 1.5 to 1.6 with no problem. :P Hooray :thumbup: I just started going through thru the new profiles and (even though I bough 3 packs at New Years ,I haven't had time to down load them ) I am in awe at Andy's free rigs, man I can't stop playin' :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm a very "Happy KPa owner". It just keeps getting Better :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
    ps: I haven't even had a chance to try the green scream out yet much less the other new additions .HATS OFF TO THE KEMPER TEAM YOU'VE MADE THIS OLD MAN VERY HAPPY :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

• Being very non technical, i'm thinking it may be better for me to wait for the beta version to have the bugs worked out before going with the new update. What do you think?

This is not necessary.
    Up to now no public beta exposed bugs nasty enough to be withdrawn from the public. Most of them were stable enough to make it into an official release eventually.