update

• thanks kemper team for this update

very well but :

No Tone Stack library
    no harmonizer
    no performance mode

and it's sad ;(

• I see you as a "glass-is-half-empty"-kind of guy ;)

Seriously bro - this is one of the best updates so far and this is how you feel about it?

• May I ask, what you are referring to as 'Tone Stack Library'. We have not only introduced a complete and consistent pack of factory presets for stomp and effects, but also a few Amplifier, Cabinet, Stack and EQ (=Tonestack) presets. These are mainly for demonstration purposes. So, what is missing?

• Burkhard, I checked the new tonestack presets yesterday and even with the same parameters they sound different from each other with the voice 30 (Vox) being the most obvious one. There are several presets all with the value "0" for all knobs. They should sound the same when the tonestack is the same.

As they do not sound the same to me I was already thinking this actually is a library of different tonestacks. Is it not? And what's the deal then?

• I think that Garrincha's question is: "why do the different EQ presets sound different even with the same settings?"
    I'd like to know it this is the so-called tone stack library, or just different setting of the same tonestack.

• I think that Garrincha's question is: "why do the different EQ presets sound different even with the same settings?"
    I'd like to know it this is the so-called tone stack library, or just different setting of the same tonestack.

This is exactely what I meant. I used the local presets of course.

I tried it first with a Bassman '59 profile and couldn't hear any difference between the FAN 100 A and MARS SB 100 A so I thought it was just presets for the existing generic tonestack. But then I wondered why somebody would have several EQ-presets all with the values zeroed but with different names. So I tried several vintage Fender and Marshall profiles and suddenly I thought I could hear a difference between FAN 100 A, MARS SB 100 A and Voice 30 A.

It was late yesterday and I didn't use a DI'd track and reamped so different playing of mine might account for that difference. But after all I thought I would hear a difference between the null-presets.

Since CK mentioned the idea of a tonestack library almost a year ago (wasn't it even on the website at one point?) I thought they might have a hint of it in 1.6.

But as I already said: I'm all prepared for being wrong and it's just my imagination. Not the first time and some hifi-makers make a living out of that ;)

• I do not understand what it is that the new tonestack presets
    and how they work ;(

I thought that was going to CK what the tonestack that found on axe 2 (sorry :wacko: )

sorry for my english I can not express myself better than that (I speak French)

• do you know fully grown french male individual BRUNO?

ok BRUNO si tu me lis , merci de me donner un peux de ton temps pour m'expliquer ce truc de tonestack

parceque là je n 'y pige pas grand chose (mon anglais est assez merdique ;( )

merci d'avance :rolleyes:

• Ducking and "delete all but favs" the biggest wins with this FW for me. CK recently chimed in lowering expectations for any type of octaver/harmonizer so I wasn't expecting that. The new effects added I'm not sure about yet, need more time to bond with them to figure out if I can use them. With regards to some of the other fixes, I never had any issues in the first place. My 2 biggest desires weren't included (pitch and pattern effects) so some very mild disappointment from me, but always extremely grateful for updates to the Kemper.

• Copying features of a modeller/profiler is what Fractal is about.
    We just copy real amps
    ;)

From CK on 8/15/2011, full interview found here: http://www.guitar-muse.com/kemper-profiling-amp-2949-2949

The equalizer is another obvious tool to go beyond (the physical range of the profiled amplifier). We are building up a library for passive tone stacks so every amp can be equipped with the corresponding equalizer, even after the profile has been captured. The tone can be shaped then as on the original.

Tone stacks mimicking the "modeled" amp is a feature every competitive unit ~$500 or more on the unit has and CK has stated its in the works. Trying to shift perception by insulting a competitor for the lack of a feature hinted at prior to the unit being released isn't going to work.

• C'est la prémiere fois que je lis "merdique" :D
    Mon prof de français n'était pas trop interessé en nous faire apprendre ce type de mots :D

Enfin: je crois que tu veux quelques info pour ce qui regarde les presets de tonestack. Bien mon ami, tu n'est pas seul ;)
    Je n'ai pas installé le nouvel firmware, mais pour ce que j'ais lu, il-y-à des gens qui entendent des differences parmi les differentes presets de tonestack, mais on n'à pas reçu une response officielle par CK si ces tonestacks sont les collections dont il à parlé ou si ceux son seulement des presets du meme EQ.
    Pardonne moi pour mon français ;)

• Trying to shift perception by insulting a competitor for the lack of a feature hinted at prior to the unit being released isn't going to work.

Guy, I'm making fun of the competitor (his mod included) who insults the entire Kemper team and its user base.
    You seem to be taking a few things too seriously - you coming from TGP and Fractal board, I guess that's understandable (stiff bunch) - but around here, get a dose of (tongue-in-cheek) humor ;)
    Otherwise, you're welcome to stay away from anything I say around here.

• Guy, I'm making fun of the competitor (his mod included) who insults the entire Kemper team and its user base.
    You seem to be taking a few things too seriously - you coming from TGP and Fractal board, I guess that's understandable (stiff bunch) - but around here, get a dose of (tongue-in-cheek) humor ;)
    Otherwise, you're welcome to stay away from anything I say around here.

Never been a member of the Fractal board nor owned a Fractal product, just sick of the hypocracy around here regarding Fractal. I'd be happy if their name was never muttered here again...

• TGP = FractalBoard in disguise ;)
    Hypocracy around here? Now that's the spirit! That's humor 101 right there!

Anyway, Fractal is harvesting the crop of their seeds around here... I'm not holding back.
    However, I repeat and I'm putting it mildly: you're welcome to stay away