LOL, this is below LOW... even for Cliff

• Don't you know Testament, Steve Morse and Lee Ritenour?
    Man (or probably boy, without any offence) spend some of your time on listening to their records and learning their history ;)
    We live in lucky times, wikipedia and youtube help a lot 8)

• Really... who cares about pros who get paid to advertise a product? Beeing a pro doesn't mean "good sound" ... best example: Steve Vai (I hate his sound, actually I also don't like his playing... but it's a matter of taste ;)).
    Check it out yourself and decide whether YOU like it or not.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I was simply asking for a reason why the artist list was so much more impressive on the Axe, that's all.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of answers you were expecting. If this is not provocative... The tone of the answers you received have IMO to do with your trolling rather than religion.
    Why don't you go to a Fender forum and ask why the hell these guys decided to use a Gibson at all?

Keep in mind that an artist uses whatever piece of gear suits their needs, the feeling of the moment, the required sound... or the producer's advises. I know people owning both the Axe and the KPA. It's not religion, remember?

• Play em both and decide for yourself which one your ears likes better... Like em both buy em both. Like one over the other more then buy that one... in any of the possible senarios you could move forward with my position doesnt change... I DONT CARE. :D

• Fractal got their product to the market much earlier. Simple as that.

Yes, the AxeFx was much earlier on the market - and I see some more points.

- A lot of pro's prefer the 19" format

- The AxeFx is not only a great amp simulator, but also a great effect unit
    (nobody will buy a KPA for effect only)

- There are still some basic things missing in the KPA system (e.g. footcontroller)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Hey Pick,

since his thread has gone South since long, there's something I wanted to ask you.
    Is the axe in your avatar a Roland from the late '70s? IIRC this is a guitar I dreamed of when I was a kid. There were three versions, one of which had a mysterious red LED.
    Is it that one, and if yes, would you please remember me the model name(s)?

• Hey Pick,

since his thread has gone South since long, there's something I wanted to ask you.
    Is the axe in your avatar a Roland from the late '70s? IIRC this is a guitar I dreamed of when I was a kid. There were three versions, one of which had a mysterious red LED.
    Is it that one, and if yes, would you please remember me the model name(s)?

Not a Roland viabcroce, sorry... It's an Ibanez MC300DS 1979. This guitar is an amazing real vintage beast, incredible craftmanship, tone, versatility and playability. It's my guitar of choice since a while now! And the beauty of this thing is that there is absolutely no BIG NAME who use them! :D

Edited once, last by Pick909 ().

• As I said, I also don't really care, but comparing the artist list IMO the axe wins by 100000 miles.
    I am deff not a pro so i often look to an "expert" rewiewing a product.
    I just don't see any experts on the Kemper side.
    With experts i mean top selling artists.
    And i really wouldn't count Muse in, since they also own and use the Axe.

Sure the axe may have aton of users, and they do get great sounds ( saw meshuggah last night, sounded unbelievable with the axe fx). But guess what? the BIG boys that use them, will sound like THEM no matter WHAT they play through. Funny how so many people think that a live show sound is just the amp...get real. How about that soundman thats been running (insert band with huge success here) sound for 10 years and has it down to a science? Meshuggah sounds exactly the same live for the last 10 years, regardless of what they are using...IT IS THE PLAYER, and a kickass sound crew that knows what the hell they are doing.Now back to the kemper.

I am going to go with the old "quality over quantity". The axe has lots of users, I agree. But mega producers that are using it IN THE STUDIO to get their tones, and use it for recording, and to store their tones etc, the axe can not compete with that. Colin Richardson, michael wagoner, mark lewis, jason suecof, Andy Sneap etc. and thats just metal. All of them are using the kemper often and have put out several albums in the last year with it. Have any of these mega producers used the axe? I already know the answer....and so do you. To me this speaks volumes over some band using it live.

• To me the live test on stage is the ultimate test for a piece of gear, will it cut through, will it survive or will it drown in the mix? Who cares about studios, you can have real amps there? In a studio you could use a different amp for every different sound, that's something you can't do on stage. If there would be an amp avaiable that has a prefect fender sound, a perfect marshall sound and a perfect mesa sound and some more, would I buy a modeler then at all?

• Who cares about studios, you can have real amps there? In a studio you could use a different amp for every different sound, that's something you can't do on stage.

Who cares about studios?
    In last 40 Years everyone, because the studios are the "kitchens" of the sound for everyone. In studios are born the news sounds from seventhies.

You can have real amps there?
    Yes, a lot. More than You can imagine...., and very special collections of rare amps.

In a studio you could use a different amp for every different sound, that's something you can't do on stage.
    For this is a perfect choice the KPA, who is totally different from the other modellers, because You can copy, recreate and use on scene that "cooked" sound in the studio exactly which can,t be doing with anything else. :thumbup:

For this reason is the Kemper the perfect choice for everyone who is working with real amps. The KPA make a profile, an almost perfect clone from amps sounds not a simulation and react perfect to the guitar playing, like a real tube amp, not like a digital amp simulator!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: