High gain Swart Rig

• I think Swarts cleans and Crunch are their bread and butter to my ears.

It seems a lot of Kemper and Fractal peeps love hi gain.

I'm not impressed with getting an EVH gain in a modeler.

Now a Fender 59 or a Bassman or Twin? That impresses me.

That said I wish there were more feedback on voting. If someone gives you a 1 star they should have the decency to say what disappointed them so a profile can be improved.

That said, I'll keep my rigs to myself and anyone who PMs me.

• That said I wish there were more feedback on voting. If someone gives you a 1 star they should have the decency to say what disappointed them so a profile can be improved.

That said, I'll keep my rigs to myself and anyone who PMs me.

Keeping your profiles to yourself would be a pity IMO.
    OTOH I can completely understand you.
    I handle it differently anyway:
    If a profile doesn't impress me I don't give my vote in the first place.
    And if I don't bother about a profile or a clip I don't feel the need to voice my opinion publicly.
    That evokes too much negativity IMO.
    I wish more people would follow that 'convention'.
    In the end it's horses for courses and a matter of taste anyway, which isn't debatable.
    So please keep on sharing and don't be put off by one or 2 naysayers.

• Part of me is like: I spent thousands on the amp. Thousands on pro audio gear. Why would I:

A) give away my unique sound?
    B) give it away for free?

Well, in the end, it's because I do music as an artist, not an employee or working musician, and have a charitable personality.

But I DO wish there was a way to have HONEST feedback on profiles, so that I could LEARN how to do them better in the estimation of others who do this or use the profiles.

It seems to me that the profiles people like the best can be categorized by 2 attributes:
    1) Insanely Hi Gain
    2) Dripping with Reverb

That's my impression at least, right or wrong.

• What I mean is: when a rig is presented, it can have the Kemper's reverb on it.

So when you load it, if that was how it was "stored" that's how you get it. Yes, you can take it off or adjust it, but I'm talking "as is" for the person who tweaked and put it up.

Also, and I am SURE of this, as I've done it, if you have a microphone that is a few feet away picking up the room, that is how the amp get's profiled.

The difference between an SM57 on the grill versus a profile of an SM57 on the grill + a ribbon mic 3-5 feet away WILL make the profile sound more naturally reverbed, no?

When I A/B the two setups, the first profile is more dry and the second one appears to me to have more room. Maybe I'm using the wrong descriptions.

I'll upload them for you to see. Look for a Tungsten V2.01 which is the SM57 alone. In about a few minutes...

Edited once, last by db9091 ().

• I get the impression you didn't like my Swart rig ;(
    Actually after messin with it there may be a bit to much goo on it. It sounds good under my fingers. I was mainly trying ozone profiles with some different amps. I like the carr ones I loaded better.
    I have loaded some clean tone rigs that have 4-5 stars that sound extremely sterile and just plain bad-to me. I actually think some of my favorite semi clean tones are high gain amps with the gain turned down and the compression up. to each his own. So many options
    BTW how do you even vote?

• I get the impression you didn't like my Swart rig ;(
    Actually after messin with it there may be a bit to much goo on it. It sounds good under my fingers. I was mainly trying ozone profiles with some different amps. I like the carr ones I loaded better.
    I have loaded some clean tone rigs that have 4-5 stars that sound extremely sterile and just plain bad-to me. I actually think some of my favorite semi clean tones are high gain amps with the gain turned down and the compression up. to each his own. So many options
    BTW how do you even vote?

I don't know if I've tried yours. You uploaded Swarts too? Cool! No, I was talking about general votes here and downloaded Amp Factory stuff which seem to have a lot of Hi Gain amps settings and drip with Reverb as if you are to record out of the box (which is cool, but recording Wet is something I've been trained not to do)

How To Vote!
    1) Download a rig
    2) NOW you can click on the number of stars. Not before you download.