Kemper - Artist/Band/Song Tone Matching

• I see a lot of posts on here about getting this tone or that tone and thought this might be a great way to consolidate that information to not only allow a good way to search out certain tones you'd like to achieve, but to allow Kemper forum users to share their settings for achieving certain tones as well. Basically, here is how I think each post should be structured...

Artist/Song -
    Rig -
    Cab -
    Additional Effects/Tweaks -

We can get more detailed with this by including what changes you've made to the rig/cab/etc. settings, but I think this is a good way to allow other users to capture certain tones they are looking for. This way, if someone says something like "how do I get that Sabbath tone" or whatever, it can be posted here and kept separate from the other forums/posts.

Hope you guys all think this is a good idea too.... :S

• In principle yes....but reality is that the guitar used, the pickups in it and firstly the player makes a huge difference. A Marshall tweaked for a LP with Burstbuckers to achieve Gary Moore's "Story of the Blues" lead tone sounds crap with a Tele and lacks gain and presence with a Classic '57 equipped 335. Without mentioning the player....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Agreed. Still, a good place to start at a minimum I think. Should add guitar used to my original post though. Can't believe I didn't think of that.

• I asked for something similar a while ago in the "Commercial rigs and profiles" sub forum, it was something like: "Why not artists bundles?", some like the idea and some not. I personnaly think that, while these kinds of profiles are always far from the perfection because of everything we already know (fingers, guitars, pickups, strings, picks, monitors, shirt, shirt? ?( etc...), they help to be in the good ballpark IMHO.

So I really like your idea! :D

Edited 3 times, last by Pick909 ().

• I LIKE YOURIDEA TOO... I'M AN OLD GUY WITH MODERATE HEARING LOSS AND NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET. I'M NOW PLAYIN IN A BAND PLAYIN NEWER THEN 70'S CLASSIC ROCK AND JUST DON'T KNOW WERE TO START ACHIEVING SOME OF THE NEWER TONES AND EFFECTS. I HERE EFFECTS/TONES AND DON'T KNOW WHERE TO EVEN START. FORE INSTANCE THERES SOMETHING ON THE SLIDE PARTS IN "BAD GIRLFRIEND" BUT I CAN'T QUITE GET WHAT IT IS

• I like the idea.

The more information about how the tone matching is achieved, the better (KPA settings, Guitar, Pickup type, pickup at neck/bridge, string gauge, etc.)

By comparing the no-KPA info, we could know rather quickly if we would ever be able to come close to the "sound" of the artist we are trying to imitate.

I also understand why some might not like the idea though.