Hm, don't like the sound from FW 1.6 (Edit Fixed now)

• I am not yet sure what it is .....

Yes, the aliasing is gone (most of it) - but now my Kemper sounds dull - like a blanket over all my patches.

I am not sure if it's only me or if others hear the same.

I'll downgrade to check it out - currently do I not like ANY profile.

Edit:
    For whatever reason after some firmware updates and a system reset is all fine now.
    If you have the same problem please report in this thread or inform support BEFORE you do a system reset - to collect more data about this.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited 3 times, last by Armin ().

• Something is wrong, mine sounds maybe (probably not) clearer and not at all worse.. better if anything.

• Armin: check the Master settings, specially the ones of the output you're using at the moment. Adding a bit of presence on the output eq should get you back to where you were without changing the Rigs

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Armin I thought the same thing i thought the treble sounded different but i wasn't/still not sure if it is my ears or not as i have a bad head cold ATM. Be sure to let us know your findings

• Is it just on the patches with the green scream? Because the EQ curve was adjusted on that effect. Elsewhere I've not had a chance to really test things out and do a re-amp comparison (and then check the eq results).

My one concern is how they chose to reduce the aliasing artifact, if it's an eq adjustment to cut off certain frequencies or whether it was an algorithm change, if it's an EQ adjustment then it may be cause for concern.

I honestly couldn't really tell that anything had changed personally although it did feel somehow a little cleaner/smoother than before to me, but i put that down to upgrade euphoria. It's possible that there really is a difference though. I hope they've not eq'd away certain frequencies or noises, personally speaking I find that added noise is a bonus (provided there's not too much of it), a little white noise can work wonders as glue in a mix, but a little room noise (and verb) is what's needed to trick the mind into thinking it's listening to a real amp rather than a sim. Take that away and things start to sound and feel a little too facile and plastic.

• Something is wrong, mine sounds maybe (probably not) clearer and not at all worse.. better if anything.

Ill second that. If anything its clearer and more defined. But then again............ different parts of the world :)

• Armin: check the Master settings, specially the ones of the output you're using at the moment. Adding a bit of presence on the output eq should get you back to where you were without changing the Rigs

I had to readjust the Master outputs as they were in the minus. Maybe its there somewhere?

• I have just upgraded to 1.6 beta and I also feel that something has changed about the highs in all of my presets. Yet, with high-gain sounds, I feel that it is a good thing - highs can be very addictive and your ear easily gets used to it and you tend to dial in more highs. At the same time, highs can deceive your ear - more highs tend to be perceived as better. I therefore feel that now especially the high-gains sound a bit more transparent - or clearer as the others call it here.
    Yet, I feel that we should be informed about what has been changed (and why) and what we should do to cope with the changes. In the clean profiles, I feel that the "bite" and "sparkle" has been reduced to a level I will definitely want to readjust. The "old" (before the update) ones were better in my opinion.

• Ill second that. If anything its clearer and more defined. But then again............ different parts of the world :)

ive noticed this in the past, slightly cleaner change across a firmware. ive stayed at FW 1.09.74 all this time as i find it a little more harmonic, but im being picky :P

• I was the guy who thought he was hearing a difference in the tone stack "0"-presets - which is completely bullshit as it seems to be the same generic tonestack as it always was.

But for the general sound quality I don't hear any difference. I already did some overdubs with the new firmware dropping in over parts I had recorded with 1.5.4. If there was a difference I would have noticed that right away.

But don't get me started about that tonestack thing ;) ;) ;)

• oh great, now people are rolling back to "vintage" firmware because it sounds better. :)

LOL, yep I remember the good old days when my ( insert first digital toy) sounded so much more real, the coding was done by craftsman then.

Having said that I just updated to 1.6 beta and got stuck on the first profile I tried for he whole short session, sounded great, better?, don't know, hasn't happened for a while, definitely doesn't sound worse, new effect presets, tried some recti and vibe things, absolutely stellar. :thumbup:

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.