Hm, don't like the sound from FW 1.6 (Edit Fixed now)

• Maybe there is a correlation between the number of rigs and the bug?
    I have 32 rigs on my KPA... updated to 1.6 - didn't hear any change in sound. A friend of me updated to 1.6 having 13xx rigs: he thought the sound changed.

I will do some testing/reamping after work, still have a backup with 1627 rigs :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• so, just to resume the reset procedure and its feature:

the rigs and profiles along with the midi settings will remain but all the other settings will go. is this correct?
    instead the following will gone: date, time, username, input and output settings. right?

and here's the reset procedure:

put the switch to browse while holding Sytem button pressed untile the word "initializing...." comes.

hope I did get it right

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Not sure if this is worth a mention or helpful to "support" in any way...a possible bug.

After I updated to 1.6.0 I was browsing through the settings and turned the Aux In and Spdif volumes, don't know why I turned/changed them but I did.
    The overall volume immediately dropped and I had to turn my Master Volume much higher than ever before to get the same volume.
    I did a System reset and volumes came back to normal.

• Not sure if this is worth a mention or helpful to "support" in any way...a possible bug.

After I updated to 1.6.0 I was browsing through the settings and turned the Aux In and Spdif volumes, don't know why I turned/changed them but I did.
    The overall volume immediately dropped and I had to turn my Master Volume much higher than ever before to get the same volume.
    I did a System reset and volumes came back to normal.

I have experienced something similar while adjusting the spdif volume: a drop in the master volume.

• This is a bug and has been reported already. You can log it at Support so that they know more users are experiencing it.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• As mentioned, we did exactly that. Not the slightest difference between the 1.60 before and after the system reset. The waveform views were spot on.

That's too bad that you weren't able to reproduce the problem. If it helps, I went from:

[original firmware, 1.0something] ->
    1.54 ->
    System Reset ->
    Flash Wipe ->
    Flash Init ->
    1.60 (loss of dynamics) ->
    System Reset (Fixed)

• OK, I am going to add my 2 cents to this. What I have found and believe me I have tried everything mentioned here and then some. There is definitely a volume, input output problem. I mostly play high gain profiles and don't really have a problem with clean or low gain profiles. The only thing that work for me is to unlock the Clean Sense Distortion Sense. This resets the Clean Sense Distortion Sense every time you change profiles to the last time you saved that profile. I adjust my guitar volume if needed and my profiles sound great again. All of the Clean Sense Distortion Sense Presets that I had previously saved are useless, they are way off and if I set a new one for one profile it doesn't work for another. I be interested to know if this works for anybody else. When this thing plays right it is awesome. I use to program computers so I know how this beta stuff works. So be patient I am sure they will work it out.

• Correct, Michael. :thumbup:

ok. so instead of writing down the setting I made pics with my phone. I took of the input page, the output pages and the system pages. what else do I miss here? for example I found no page where to insert my name..........

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• That shows you the Tag of the Rig you're on at the moment, not your username.

Hmm, on my unit when I press System, then on screen 1 press Show Tag, I see the the KPA Name and KPA Owner, and there's also then an option to Edit.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Great got it! So all the reset erases is contained in the input, output and system, right? I don't have to look on other section, isn't it? Sorry for all the caring but I need to have the Kemper exactly as it was prior to the reset having a gig next Saturday....

• Best novel I read in ages

It has it all, intrigue, frustration, fast moving action, conflict, resolution (sort of), romance (Several uncomfortable posts by donbarzini) and Ozone graphs. Personally, if a book doesn't contain all these ingredients, then I will just not pick it up. But the best novel I read in ages... Mmmmmmm. Oh yeah:
    [Blocked Image: http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/weird-book-titles-169-490x640.jpg]

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

Edited once, last by Brattcave ().