Hm, don't like the sound from FW 1.6 (Edit Fixed now)

• I haven't played my Kemper (nor any guitar at all) since november because of hand injury...still I wanted to hear FW 1.6... I know that memory can trick you cause 1 month and a half is actually long but better or worse ,whatever, I found the sound quite different from what it was..or what I remembered ...

• This is a really interesting topic because of all the different opinions.
    I'm using this version for quite some time now. I've found the tone/feel different. I really could not put my finger on what have changed, but I most definitely did not like the change, especially on chimey sounding cleaner patches. But now I guess I'm slowly getting used to the altered tone. What is most interesting is that some users do not notice the change.
    This needs to be approached in a more technical way. Can it be measured?

• the only thing that has changed with the 1.0.6 is the volume of the spdif :thumbup:
    the sound is cleaner (less distortion)
    and it is very well :love:

• Didn't notice any difference at all - sounds as great as with the first Firmware (back in the beta days) I used :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• something is different , definitely .......

we need CK to chime in ..there is no lunch for free, some trade off has to be done to get rid of aliasing...

If yes so, I will go back to some vintage OS with some nice aliasing which I cannot notice ,but my "old
    good sound will be back.... ....

:whistling:

to be honest, still not 100% sure. but something is wrong....

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• Let me add to my previous post that guitarnet's suggestion of increasing the presence helps a bit to get back closer to the "chimier" sound of 1.5 firmware. But to be honest overall I'm pretty happy with how the unit sounds currently. It is just a bit worrying that the tone changes slightly without official confirmation and explanation.

• Guys, just post a comparison clip between 2 firmwares and let's end the mystery :)

I can only support that idea. An A/B comparison of two reamped versions did help me a lot in the past (on a different issue) to see what is real and what is tricking our ears. I could not do this before next week as I have some gigs to do. Don't want to upgrade before a gig.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• A Rig cannot change from a FW to another, what could change is how the data are used BY the FW

What if rig a gets interepreted differently by each firmware? Like thte bootup bug back in FW 1.06

IIRC, what I did back then for them to fix it was to export the rig in each firmware...

• I had not played the KPA for 2 weeks before updating since I have not been at home but my first thought after upgrading yesterday was that at least the high end sounded different (for the worse). I have not had the time to go back and compare. It might be due to not playing the KPA for 2 weeks but that was my 1st impression. I will try to go back to a previous version and compare today.

• My 1st thought is that it may all be psychological. My 2nd thought is that it may depend on whether people are using their Monitor, Main or S/PDIF outs.

Main-Outputs direct to Mixing Console here!
    PS: I'm using my KPA since December 2011 and since day 1 installed all Beta's & Public-Beta's & Release-Versions...
    that's the first Version I notice a tonal & feeling difference !!!

• You all know it would be very, very easy to A/B 1.52 to 1.6. Anyone done it yet? I actually thought a couple of my favorite rigs sounded brighter rather than duller. I played quite a bit over the weekend and no complaints from me. Couple clips of that would either prove the FW changed the tone or that your guys are imagining it. But I posted this several times in the all the aliasing threads, be very careful what you ask for when your requesting a change in the core way the Kemper sounds, you just might get it...