Hm, don't like the sound from FW 1.6 (Edit Fixed now)

• There's an asteroid about to hit the Earth???? Jesus!!!!
    This is one scary thread 8|

Hold on... Apparently 1.6.1 will reduce this asteroid in size down to a smooth pebble. Earth is saved.

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I must say, I think Will is being slightly mistreated on this thread...IMO, I don't think what he said warrants the comments he's received.

I agree. I couldn't stand hanging out at the Fractal forum for that very reason.... uber zealot, hyper sensitive, knee jerk reactions. I sure hope this place doesn't turn into that sort of vibe.

• And if it was the 1.6 which was the closer one to the real thing?
    You should record your amp prior to start the profile and compare after. Perhaps you will be surprised.
    I always got the feeling of a produced tone for the previous firmwares. It was obvious for me with the kemper plugged into a poweramp + cab.
    Since the 5.3 i feel that the sounds is more dry. It sounds better when plugged into a poweramp but worst with headphones and for studio recording.
    That's why a "preamp" stomp box could be useful, which could add the chime of the previous firmware for the studio work.

• uber zealot, hyper sensitive, knee jerk reaction

I played in a band with these three guys. Good times.
    BTW... read the comments posted by some beta testers here... looks like it's a known issue. The 'tonal change'... not the jerking of knees. :)

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

Edited once, last by Brattcave ().

• It's weird.

Yesterday I scrolled onto Mats Black Goop Lead Profile.
    I'm not sure if the profile I have is the original cab or one I added sometime in the last few months...the cab is the
    Engl 412 VG Zaubermaus.
    I've never spent much time with this Profile, but when I hit on it yesterday it was glorious, I left it on all day.

Last night I landed on the Kemper Amps AC30 Top Boost Profile.
    I went into the Tonestacks, changed to one of the AC30 stacks, it jumped to life, sounded glorious, quickly saved it.

I've had my KPA for about 15 months, I'm on firmware 1.6.0.

• I just made the comparison going back to 1.5.4. It definitely sounds different. I compared both using one of my fav profiles from the amp factory (JCM 800 drive). My 1st impression was right. The new firmware sounds different (I don't like it). It is actually quite noticeable that it sounds brighter. I will not enter into the debate of it sounding better of worse because it does not make any sense. The point is that the rigs should sound exactly the same no matter what firmware you use except for the aliasing being removed.

Interesting, according to Armins clip it's the exact opposite, the new firmware apparently sounds smoother with less presence, not brighter.

• I played in a band with these three guys. Good times.
    BTW... read the comments posted by some beta testers here... looks like it's a known issue. The tonal change... not the jerking of knees.

Knee jerk reactions to other people's posts and opinions not the change in tone..... your post proves my point. As to the "change" in tone IMHO it is there but very very small and nothing worth what people seem to be geeking out about. I'm sure Kemper will address the issue but if not then it's no deal breaker to me like it is to some who have said they'll go as far as going back to tube amps if it's not. 8|

• Knee jerk reactions to other people's posts and opinions not the change in tone..... your post proves my point. As to the "change" in tone IMHO it is there but very very small and nothing worth what people seem to be geeking out about. I'm sure Kemper will address the issue but if not then it's no deal breaker to me like it is to some who have said they'll go as far as going back to tube amps if it's not. 8|

Erm... What point did I help you prove? I'm confused but happy to help 8o
    Regarding Will I did urge him to keep posting. All part of the rough and tumble. As to going back to tube amps... I think most of us here are along for the ride. If this is a dip for some I'm sure there's a 'hump' on the horizon. I didn't notice the change until Armin pointed it out but something seems to be afoot... like the rest of us, I'm curious to find out what that something is... and by default, just by being here we're all registering on the geek radar... 8)

• Well I had a long practise tonight with my band. The first time i've played with them since I went to 1.6. I go direct into the mixer and I found for my high gain patches I actually had to dial DOWN the treble and presence. I should add though that on the main output EQ I have the treble and presence up to +0.5 but that was also the same while I was on 1.5.4 so I guess doesn't make any difference. Point is though, is that I was LOVING my tone in the mix..and for me thats the important thing.

• This is not due to changes to the factory presets. Also not due to changes to stomps etc...
    The preset that I discovered this change with is my Cornell Romany Plus profile. It is on the exchange I think. Try it with a low output neck single coil pickup. It has a really great sparkly chime with 1.5 firmware. Now update to 1.6 and hear and also feel how it is different. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but it is not a subtle change for me.

• I understand why a lot people are a bit upset, but does it really make sense to ask for unchanged tone? With the older Versions of the Firmware the aliasing was part of what everbody was hearing. Now with that part of the sound (almost) gone how can you expect there are no tonal changes?

(The above only applies if the changed sound is really related to the aliasing fix which we do not know).

• I understand why a lot people are a bit upset, but does it really make sense to ask for unchanged tone? With the older Versions of the Firmware the aliasing was part of what everbody was hearing. Now with that part of the sound (almost) gone how can you expect there are no tonal changes?

(The above only applies if the changed sound is really related to the aliasing fix which we do not know).

I have *never* heard any aliasing, and have read a lot of people saying they haven't heard it either. I wish they hadn't wasted time fixing something that frankly I don't think even exists, especially at the expense of messing up tones that I liked.

• I just want to thank Armin and MadH for taking the effort of recording and posting their sounds here.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.