Hm, don't like the sound from FW 1.6 (Edit Fixed now)

• I don't know what is the problem, but I've sharing opinions with owners of the KPA here and in spanish forums and this is what people think. As Armin said, I don't want to play the KPA with 1.6 firmware. I'm back to 1.5.4, waiting for an answer and, once we get that answer, I'll decide what I do but I can assure you that I'm not going to upgrade this 1.6 firmware or a similar sounding one.

+1

• As stated before by a few users before , the answer to this problem is fairly simple (easy to say for me, I'm not developping this firmware myself !!!)

let Kemper team add an antialiasing knob in the amp parameters , so this parameter is tied to single rigs, an not to the whole KPA, and one can adjust it to it's taste (turned off by default).

my 2 cts, Renaud.

• I don't know what is the problem, but I've sharing opinions with owners of the KPA here and in spanish forums and this is what people think. As Armin said, I don't want to play the KPA with 1.6 firmware. I'm back to 1.5.4, waiting for an answer and, once we get that answer, I'll decide what I do but I can assure you that I'm not going to upgrade this 1.6 firmware or a similar sounding one.

+1

I also agree, that no response from the Kemper team, in over 200 posts, is a very good sign.
    I am sure CK finds this, loss of realism to the sound, even more unacceptable than we do.

• As stated before by a few users before , the answer to this problem is fairly simple (easy to say for me, I'm not developping this firmware myself !!!)

let Kemper team add an antialiasing knob in the amp parameters , so this parameter is tied to single rigs, an not to the whole KPA, and one can adjust it to it's taste (turned off by default).

my 2 cts, Renaud.

+1 if it can be as simple as this but I'm not sure...

I am at 1.52 and everything is as good as it has ever been so I really don't feel the urge to update... :D

Edited once, last by Pick909 ().

• I also agree, that no response from the Kemper team, in over 200 posts, is a very good sign.
    I am sure CK finds this, loss of realism to the sound, even more unacceptable than we do.

Maybe it's a very good sign but this silence is feeding the speculation about the future of their product here and in every guitar forum.

• Maybe it's a very good sign but this silence is feeding the speculation about the future of their product here and in every guitar forum.

To be fair, the first post in this thread was only 4 days ago, and I am sure this is a major "fly in the ointment" for the Kemper team, along with preparing for Namm next week :(

• You put a microphone in front of your amp and get a lot of chime, then you try the profile of the same you did some months ago and was spot on with 1.5.4 and is flat and lifeless with 1.6.0.

So you mean that something has changed in the profiling process?

• So you mean that something has changed in the profiling process?

No. I'm not profiling anything. I'm using the profiles I did with previous versions of the firmware and they sound spot on with 1.5.4 and I don't like them with 1.6. Maybe, if I reprofile them, I'll get the chime again but, can I profile again those amps? No. One of them became independent a few months ago and now is living with a Marshall in other city.

• To be fair, the first post in this thread was only 4 days ago, and I am sure this is a major "fly in the ointment" for the Kemper team, along with preparing for Namm next week :(

Yes. The silence, the proximity of Namm, the IR loader, the rack version, the new logo,... I'm more nervous than yesterday :P and I miss the new Green Screamer :love::D

• Maybe, if I reprofile them, I'll get the chime again but, can I profile again those amps? No. One of them became independent a few months ago and now is living with a Marshall in other city.

You have described one of the main reasons for the Kemper "Future Proof" promise.
    How can owners re-profile amps, they no longer have access to, if a firmware changes the sound?

• No. I'm not profiling anything. I'm using the profiles I did with previous versions of the firmware and they sound spot on with 1.5.4 and I don't like them with 1.6. Maybe, if I reprofile them, I'll get the chime again but, can I profile again those amps? No. One of them became independent a few months ago and now is living with a Marshall in other city.

It's obvious for me that if you get back the chime by just loading the 5.4 it has nothing to do with the profiling process but with the rendering.
    I remember clearly that people stated that profiles sound better than the original, i think that we know the reason now. Now the profile does not sound better than the original. That's your issue. This is not an issue for me.
    Of course that's an issue for Armin who should profile again all this amps.

Yep the new green screamer works fine...there is no comparaison with 5.4.

• maybe Kemper has two units that they can do comparisons with back and forth, one loaded with 1.5.4 and one loaded with 1.6....

He's right... What we really need here is some proper one on one action. Preferably filmed. 8)

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Another vote for "1.5.4 sounds better", to me ears.

1.6 has something in the top end that I don't like.

BTW, absolutely love the KPA. My AxeFx2 is going up for sale. :)

Edited once, last by CWalker ().

• Am I the only one that think 1.6.0 sounds slightly better? Weird... 8|

No, you are not the only one, but one man's better is not another man's better.
    That is why the sound of our profiles remaining unchanged, from FW to FW , is so important!
    No tweaking, or re-profiling.

• No, you are not the only one, but one man's better is not another man's better.
    That is why the sound of our profiles remaining unchanged, from FW to FW , is so important!
    No tweaking, or re-profiling.

Well, what if, a hundred men say better, and 10 men say not better...then what do we do? :D

• It's obvious for me that if you get back the chime by just loading the 5.4 it has nothing to do with the profiling process but with the rendering.
    I remember clearly that people stated that profiles sound better than the original, i think that we know the reason now. Now the profile does not sound better than the original. That's your issue. This is not an issue for me.
    Of course that's an issue for Armin who should profile again all this amps.

Yep the new green screamer works fine...there is no comparaison with 5.4.

people said the profile lacked bass/low mid compared to the original amp, but this seemed to work better sitting a guitar track in mix. that was the telltale in A/B tests