Hm, don't like the sound from FW 1.6 (Edit Fixed now)

• Yeah I was getting crackles too, sounded almost like clipping but the lights were all well within green and turning the volume down didn't change things, I think it's a syncing issue with SPDIF rearing it's head again. Coupled with the fact that the latency has apparently gone up by half a ms maybe the additional processing required for the aliasing fix means that it needs an even larger buffer :( (which would mean more latency in order to fix it).

• Yes! The new firmware is the one with the crackles.

I'm going to upgrade to 1.6.0 and stay there. I don't know what I were hearing but now I think I was wrong. Sorry for the inconveniences my opinions may have caused and thank you to everybody in this thread (even Donbarzini).

Saludos!

• joe blob- great photo!
    I have to say that I think this thread is just embarrasing, Armin who started it, stated (correct me if im wrong) saying he may have been mistaken and that he may have used different guitars in his evaluation but ...
    still it goes on, maybe its because creating music is so demanding that anything that stands in the way of perceived ability to create is treated like a witch burning and that is what this thread is ...witch burning.

I'm going to build a harmonic perculator, not that I need one but I haven't built anything since i've had the kemper (before that 3 tube amps, recording preamps, 1176 compressor clones , a gyraf tube mic) but which circuit? there is 2 different schematics out there and some people swear by the orignal interfax harmonic perculator and some by a schematic that was found on the internet which differs form the orignal ....but then it seems there are several that all claim to be orginal..guess what? interfax used whatever components they had as long as it produced the same sound. fw 1.5.4 or 1.6.0 it does not fu*king matter, its good enough, its space age good, aliens will be landing and wanting the kemper technology and asking...but wheres all the new songs? well where are they?

2005 gibson lp standard faded/frankenstein tele->kemper->adam a3x/LD systems mon 121

• Yeah I was getting crackles too, sounded almost like clipping but the lights were all well within green and turning the volume down didn't change things, I think it's a syncing issue with SPDIF rearing it's head again. Coupled with the fact that the latency has apparently gone up by half a ms maybe the additional processing required for the aliasing fix means that it needs an even larger buffer :( (which would mean more latency in order to fix it).

Per

I'm a little confused.

Christophe comes in and tells us what he did, then you come in and say he must have had to do something else, then Christophe comes in again and tells us again what he did, then you come back and tell us he must have done something else.

I don't get it?

• I'm not sure I follow you, the crackles is unrelated to the original topic of this thread, it's just that other people were mentioning it and I was noticing it last night on some profiles. It's a separate bug.

• joe blob- great photo!
    I have to say that I think this thread is just embarrasing, Armin who started it, stated (correct me if im wrong) saying he may have been mistaken and that he may have used different guitars in his evaluation but ...
    still it goes on, maybe its because creating music is so demanding that anything that stands in the way of perceived ability to create is treated like a witch burning and that is what this thread is ...witch burning.

I'm going to build a harmonic perculator, not that I need one but I haven't built anything since i've had the kemper (before that 3 tube amps, recording preamps, 1176 compressor clones , a gyraf tube mic) but which circuit? there is 2 different schematics out there and some people swear by the orignal interfax harmonic perculator and some by a schematic that was found on the internet which differs form the orignal ....but then it seems there are several that all claim to be orginal..guess what? interfax used whatever components they had as long as it produced the same sound. fw 1.5.4 or 1.6.0 it does not fu*king matter, its good enough, its space age good, aliens will be landing and wanting the kemper technology and asking...but wheres all the new songs? well where are they?

I think we should write a song about this thread. It needs to be country methinks :whistling:

parker / prs / kemper / g / mesa

If you are right I'm more convinced then ever that the best way would be to leave to the user the choice of this new anti-aliasing processing (at rig or system level)...aliasing never bothered me and if this will increase latency I'm not interested in removing it for 99% of my works (I'm a professional musician ;-))

• If one of my older posts is the basis of the latency increase thing, I have to tell you that even though I think they are quite precise, it was not measured professionally, so please measure again if you are concerned with that. But do not worry no human living can feel a sub milisec increase (if its accurate).

• If one of my older posts is the basis of the latency increase thing, I have to tell you that even though I think they are quite precise, it was not measured professionally, so please measure again if you are concerned with that.

Please no, I beg you, not another latency measuring thread. ;(

• country is good! but I was thinking more george formby to highlight the tragic humour in this thread

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think we should write a song about this thread. It needs to be country methinks :whistling:

2005 gibson lp standard faded/frankenstein tele->kemper->adam a3x/LD systems mon 121

• No single song would be long enough, it'll have to be a concept album. Cover art work supplied by donbarzini.

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• so are you men thinking that a latency setting on/off in 1.6 can cause the feel change that some men are experiencing?

Do you have any photos of you laying on your side all lit up in baby blue? :D

Just putting down a marker... Do I get a prize :P

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs