Hm, don't like the sound from FW 1.6 (Edit Fixed now)

• You asked someone earlier were they a professional musician, may I ask do you play guitar (with many years of high end guitar amp experience) and have you personally played a guitar into both OS versions extensively? (code writing & testing is very different to the end user's experience as I have no doubt you're aware)

I asked if he played guitar and had much experience with it, the question is still in play.

This is clearly the saddest point in my presence in user forums in 15 years as a manufacturer.
    Allow me to skip the answer to your question.
    It wouldn't matter anyway, right?

• This is clearly the saddest point in my presence in user forums in 15 years as a manufacturer.
    Allow me to skip the answer to your question.
    It wouldn't matter anyway, right?

Man_with_gas what on earth were you thinking when you asked that question? CK is right...what does it matter if he plays guitar or not? I'm not a wildlife expert, but if someone let me listen to 2 recordings of different bird whistles i'm sure I could tell the difference.

I for one am grateful that we have a fantastic device such as the Kemper. Even if I did think 1.6 was slightly different, which I don't, I would just go back to 1.5.4 until a newer firmware was released. But as CK has already said a couple of times now I believe, he/they haven't changed a thing in regards to code. And I do believe that. So I personally think it's either a PLACEBO effect on the personal user. Or failing that, it's their individual unit that it it somehow affecting. (Although I don't really think thats the case or at least certainly shouldn't be). Now the thread is starting to go down the latency route *facepalm* some people always have to have something to whine about.

I agree with CK, this thread will go on forever....

• check your input sense, and also try the latency switch at the end of the master menu
    jumping around firmwares for some reason changes my clean sense, i rarely touch it.also twice going to 1.6 my volume into the DAW would be skyhigh without touching anything

Yeah I was wondering that earlier, if the input sense was shifting around.

• I know some of the users in here own two KPAs, has anyone done an A/B comparison between two units, one running 1.54 and the other 1.60? I mean switching the input while playing...

If you have not read it, check post 441 by CK in this thread.;)

• I have been warned of that by many experts, when I started this business.
    MatH, are you ironic now? You are filling up this cliche pretty well.

I know that unfortunately me and others here are filling up the cliche pretty well. Trust me that in my case it is not intentionally. :)

If I were in your shoes, being as sure are you are that they sound the same I would be thinking the same thing but I did honestly notice a difference and I just used Ozone to make sure if it was just my imagination/perception or not. Per said that he is going to run some tests my clip, if his findings are different I will assume that either I am wrong on that there must be something just happening on my end.

Whatever any experts told you about guitarists and gear probably falls very short. I think we are the worst by far in that sense. Just check the TGP forum as example. :)

• Well folks, I'm with Mr. Ruppert.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Been on 1.6 for the week now I have to say
    My fargain the king patches still sound fargain Awesome!

It still sounds great. Don't really know if its better but it is NOT worse IMO. Disagree with alot of info here. Oh well hope thing get figured out for all

• In the mean time we had the chance to make a complete A/B comparison. We had a brand new Profiler Rack version with 1.60, and a white Profiler Head from December 2011 (first series) mixed and played through Genelec studio speakers. We used an A/B switch to feed the guitar to either the one or the other Profiler. That is the optimum setup for an A/B test of firmware versions.
    We tested for more than two hours. The result: Both units sounded exactly the same.

CK, Thanks for confirming the new Profiler Rack sounds the same as the Profiler Head.

• Still going? 8o

Yes, unfortunately. I woke up and found another two pages.
    Outcome still unclear but the voices of reason (CK of course, but also Will Chen, thanks mate) are getting stronger.
    Same time the naysayers are getting more 'furious'.

Well, no more popcorn, please.
    I'm full.
    :rolleyes: